APC Forum

"Saxon" challenge

allrocketspsl

I challenge anyone to make a better "SAXON" than I,has to reverse "8" times and have three colors on it with a large repot at the end.You can only light "1' fuse total!! You have till December 15th midnight 2011 eastern standard time!! Edited by allrocketspsl

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• allrocketspsl

• Col

• californiapyro

• warthog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I challenge anyone to make a better "SAXON" than I,has to reverse "8" times and have three colors on it with a large repot at the end.You can only light "1' fuse total!! You have till December 15th midnight 2011 eastern standard time!!

Huh?

lol,didnt you ever make a big "SAXON" before?

It was the

"1' fuse total!!
thing that threw me.

Is that one inch, one foot or did you mean just one fuse? Also, why 8 times reversing? Is there a point to that many sections?

Hell, I'm game but I think a four times direction change is even a little challenging for this crew.

-dag

It was the thing that threw me.[/size][/color]

Is that one inch, one foot or did you mean just one fuse? Also, why 8 times reversing? Is there a point to that many sections?

Hell, I'm game but I think a four times direction change is even a little challenging for this crew.

-dag

ok yeah four times is cool,you have to fuse the whole thing and only light one fuse of any length JUST ONE FUSE,I have as you guessed not a great comunicator,but i do make a mean saxon and I did stay at a holiday inn last night

1 fuse...

Are they all not lit with just one fuse? Do you mean quick match, visco or blackmatch? The saxon I like to make have two drivers, one on each end of the stick, one is the BP driver that powers the saxon and the other is the color driver that has all of the special stuff.

Is that acceptable?

How about a double saxon with them counter rotating?

-dag

1 fuse...

Are they all not lit with just one fuse? Do you mean quick match, visco or blackmatch? The saxon I like to make have two drivers, one on each end of the stick, one is the BP driver that powers the saxon and the other is the color driver that has all of the special stuff.

Is that acceptable?

How about a double saxon with them counter rotating?

-dag

ok, one fuse lights the whole thing that is qm from one to another,lite a fuse(one) stand back and the whole thing is on its own,want colored drivers cool I use color pots mostly,might throw in my purple driver that makes a hell of alot of color but can CATO ,mine shall be "A" saxon four tubes 8 inches long each tube giving two directions per tube then after one tube goes out it fires up another tube so till all four are burned up.The fire is coming out perpendicular to the axis unlike a driver on a girandola

Edited by allrocketspsl

Can we have a video of this please

yeah im trying threw all my old shit out had some on yt as well all gone as of yet

longer than a knife shorter than a sword were called "SAXONS" a preferrred weapon!

so Imagine a tube rammed with bp then holes drilled perpendicular to the horizontal so when lit it spins,one hole is drilled in one direction another on the other end drilled in the other direction so when lit it spins,you can connect more than one tube(bp filled motor) inline making it as long as you wish and when fused porperly when one section or tube burns out then another ignites and so on.

ie

heres a reversing saxon only this one is only lit at one end instead of both ends at the same time either is fine I prefer both at the same as you get better looking EYES when it spins hope this helps

Edited by allrocketspsl

Looks nice! I will have to go make one. Except I think I want mine to whistle!

mine will have bells and whistles and colour good luck

longer than a knife shorter than a sword were called "SAXONS" a preferrred weapon!

I think I got one of those!

Cool video btw, might have to look into making one of them if I get time around rockets.

Cool video btw, might have to look into making one of them if I get time around rockets.

they are cool Im making one 32 inches long with four motors on it,they are alot of fun when color is added

hows your rockets coming for the competiotion mate my last two going up saturday night

hows your rockets coming for the competiotion mate my last two going up saturday night

I shot two for my kids birthday. I cannot help but to laugh at myself. The headers were both too heavy. One was going to be my entrance for the timed delay. Had 15 reports with bottom shot. If I figure out how to convert the video I will post it. Oh it went off in three seconds just got the timing a little off on the reports. Most went off on the ground :mellow: . Was fun watching everybody run like hell lol.

The other I wanted to shoot out over the lake and did not give it enough angle. Got some more headers but ran out of tubes! Should get some more tubes in next week. I WILL HAVE AN ENTRY! (Thats me yelling at myself)

I shot two for my kids birthday. I cannot help but to laugh at myself. The headers were both too heavy. One was going to be my entrance for the timed delay. Had 15 reports with bottom shot. If I figure out how to convert the video I will post it. Oh it went off in three seconds just got the timing a little off on the reports. Most went off on the ground :mellow: . Was fun watching everybody run like hell lol.

The other I wanted to shoot out over the lake and did not give it enough angle. Got some more headers but ran out of tubes! Should get some more tubes in next week. I WILL HAVE AN ENTRY! (Thats me yelling at myself)

lol ok will look forward to seeing your entries

any prize on this one? 8 drivers (especially color) can get pricey... ill take on the challenge but i can't do a report, maybe a firecracker lol! my neighbors+police+noise=jailtime :unsure:

any prize on this one? 8 drivers (especially color) can get pricey... ill take on the challenge but i can't do a report, maybe a firecracker lol! my neighbors+police+noise=jailtime :unsure:

Hmmm, instead of a report, do a cremora/junk pile. Just as exciting, but without the noise :)

Btw have your tubes come in yet?

no tubes yet :P good idea!

hell i never buy tubes roll your own mate,yeah theres a prize if you get eight directions on it with three colors,quite easy for a guy like you but will have to see whose last the longest,Im ramming my four tubes this week then add pots to them dont need a report also making whitles for them and a big booooom at the end

Edited by allrocketspsl

hell, ill do 4 colors! hehe :) and the deadline is december? no problem! wish i could do whistles, thats another thing the neighbors aint particularly fond of :P and ive never quite gotten the hang of tube rolling, maybe i could get a few tips? my first rockets were rolled but couldnt take much pressure at all.

hell, ill do 4 colors! hehe :) and the deadline is december? no problem! wish i could do whistles, thats another thing the neighbors aint particularly fond of :P and ive never quite gotten the hang of tube rolling, maybe i could get a few tips? my first rockets were rolled but couldnt take much pressure at all.

I will see if I can find my tut on it I finally after two years got it down baby!So easy its almost fun and they take pressure like no tomorrow using wall papaer paste only,el cheapo to! deadline dec 15th let see a great one mate even if its only you and I will make them all jealous!

• 2 weeks later...
Even with the "soft focus" it looked good, the changes in direction couldn`t have been any smoother. Double up on the direction changes, add some colours and its a potential competiton winner ;)