APC Forum

bp rockets

allrocketspsl

No, the one I just posted in the video had a nozzle. 1Lb Nozzle with 550g of payload with a 3 second break.

I made two more one with a nozzle and one without so we can see the difference side by side.

what video i dont see one mate

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• allrocketspsl

• dagabu

• Thunderr1

• guntoteninfadel

The video on the previous page.

da,yeah your motors are right on mate what kind of headers are you going to use,Im having trouble deciding as I have some new ideas I have been working on,tomorrow a can shell with hopefully two rings,will see,lol

da,yeah your motors are right on mate what kind of headers are you going to use,Im having trouble deciding as I have some new ideas I have been working on,tomorrow a can shell with hopefully two rings,will see,lol

I couldn't tell you until the break! It might be something else depending on how good my work is! I am new to making pyro so I got one chance at this.

I couldn't tell you until the break! It might be something else depending on how good my work is! I am new to making pyro so I got one chance at this.

no three chances mate,I wouldnt worry to much from what I have seen if your new to this then you should be a master quite soon,great work!

I closed the two stage competition today, HillBilly and Wonderboy, please email me.

Lets all get together and make these three rockets to make this challenge work! I will be working on mine this week with hopes that I will be able to launch them this weekend.

-dag

Yes, lets build some rockets! I also cant wait to see some rocket videos come in for the competition. I will post mine as soon as they are shot. Edited by Thunderr1

Yes, lets build some rockets! I also cant wait to see some rocket videos come in for the competition. I will post mine as soon as they are shot.

I should have my first one entered next week, ground nice and wet, will be on vacation almost finished on star header and insert header,new designs for me pushing the envelope,not trying to win just trying to compete with all you prs's! All

cant belive I missed the two stager contest!

Edited by allrocketspsl

well,

fired off a few test motors and headers[no winners here], trouble getting the three seconds but my boundaries are being pushed which is a good thing, also made some endburner tooling for 19mm rolled the tubes with alrockets methods and made 3 different motors one a two stage one standard bp and one with newspaper looking forward to pushing these when the wind dies off its like 60 mph, granulating the bp has also proved easier

how long we got?

to make some more tubes and aquire sticks may take some time plus im out of charcoal :angry: .

the chance to push on and learn from others is welcome.

dan.

well,

fired off a few test motors and headers[no winners here], trouble getting the three seconds but my boundaries are being pushed which is a good thing,

The three second timing is actually very easy to accomplish and while I am not going to divulge the method we use to time them, you should be thinking about ideas that are a little outside the box. Think, "How do I get fire to the header and still have a thick enough bulkhead?" and see what you come up with.

One hint, I dont drill a hole through my bulkheads and I dont use clay in my bulkheads...

-dag

The three second timing is actually very easy to accomplish and while I am not going to divulge the method we use to time them, you should be thinking about ideas that are a little outside the box. Think, "How do I get fire to the header and still have a thick enough bulkhead?" and see what you come up with.

One hint, I dont drill a hole through my bulkheads and I dont use clay in my bulkheads...

-dag

i dont use bulkheads. im assuming you use some kind of charcoal streamer delay [ a few mm of c6] as the bulkhead on a 2 second engine, or a faster burning comp and an id or over.

dan.

I'd just put an external time fuse on the shell, and time it to about 3.5 seconds so it gives the impression of a 3 second delay. Work smarter, not harder guys.

Even easier Mum! No extra fuse on the shell, the rocket lights the shell and there are no holes, drills or penetrations...

-dag

well Im not even going to tell my secret,and having a 3.5 to look like 3 is going to be tuff with slo mo in play!

I have nozzleless three pounders with the required shells going up late this weekend. I hope to kill the 3 second timing and claim all of the fame!

If not, I will have fun just launching them. :)

-dag

Edited by dagabu

saturday night I will have a two pounder up with header,so fellow rocketeers it seems DAG is going for the gusto(no pun)with his three headers,report,insert and star shell!

saturday night I will have a two pounder up with header,so fellow rocketeers it seems DAG is going for the gusto(no pun)with his three headers,report,insert and star shell!

I have my son's wedding Saturday so no rockets. It sure would be cool to do both at the same time ;)

-dag

I have my son's wedding Saturday so no rockets. It sure would be cool to do both at the same time ;)

-dag

wow it aint no wedding without dads rockets going off behind the young couple standing in a cow pasture mate,they would always remember dad on that one,hope they have many years together!

You can have my time fuse cutter when you pry it out of my cold, dead fingers! laugh2.gif

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/100_2613.jpg

-dag

I hear a time fuse cutter is the prize?!

you heard right mate a newly improved one at that

post-10235-0-43550500-1315771174_thumb.jpg

Edited by allrocketspsl