APC Forum

home made fuse

madmandotcom

For spelling, I know I'm not the worlds greatest speller, but I use firefox and it has a spell check that you can download easily with pretty much everywhere I type. fixes up my spelling when I need it. It really is a great tool.

Our fickle friend Ankya... Perhaps the most irritable of matters was not her ridiculous postings, but the fact she lasted as long as she did before being given the cold-shoulder, then furthermore banned. Absurdity at its best. The reason could probably be ascribed to ignorance and lack of judiciousness. All I know is that, we as a community, lost a member who could shared us much insight with potential new ideas in the hobby. Not that it matters, but "Lonekommie" is a chemistry aficionado whom I met at a university who I managed to catch up with the other day. Although he does not have an inordinate amounts of experience under his belt in the field of pyrotechnics, he's simply just brilliant and has came up with many ideas with experiments that haven't been regurgitated over and over again that pertain to the hobby. Many of them, I have never read or have seen mentioned before, and most of them seem viable. What we need is thinkers, new ideas; not repetition. Unfortunately, it was a bad time to come onto APC and consider to share his ideas as he was totally turned off the forum for allowing accumulation of her garbage, as well as the abundance of tirades (that I will accept some responsibility for).

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself." - John Adams

Apologies for the rant, I just got annoyed at the fact he was so displeased of the forum after I told him about it. I'll ask him (see: beg) if I can share some of his notes, so it's available for all who wish to take a look outside of the box.

All I know is that, we as a community, lost a member who could shared us much insight with potential new ideas in the hobby. .

Surely you don't mean Anyka? I shared all of her meanderings with others here end elsewhere that are old snorts or chemical guys and her ideas were summarily dismissed as wasteful and/or dangerous.

I have no regrets other than the fact that she was quite fetching and nice to look at and now we only have my mug to look at. :P

No, he was talking about his friend. He was turned off that we allowed Anyka and her various reincarnations to persist as long as we did. I should have been more vigilant, but the past is the past.

Gunzway, ask him to visit again?

Agreed, she was allowed to remain for FAR too long. I'm as much to blame for that as Mumbles.

No way, you guys were just blinded by the blond hair and green eyes. After all, she was a Gypsy and had you under her spell... just like the rest of us. :whistle:

Did anyone actually see her, then? On the internet you can post any photo you like. There were traces of her around the internet from other places - none current, she was banned everywhere - but none of them had the same picture. I still have my suspicions that he was a fat spotty 15 year old sitting in his mother's basement.

Did anyone actually see her, then? On the internet you can post any photo you like. There were traces of her around the internet from other places - none current, she was banned everywhere - but none of them had the same picture. I still have my suspicions that he was a fat spotty 15 year old sitting in his mother's basement.

I'm with you

I'll ask "Lonekommie" to swing by again, but I can't guarantee that he will or if he does, will post much at all. He's an eccentric character, to say the least. He might agree to the idea of sending emails covering his ideas to an admin here so it can be relayed on the forum. He's simply not very comfortable with posting such experiments knowing fully well that he could be easily targeted by the gestapo. But overall, to put it into a colloquial phrase, he's just not the guy who bullshits around and wastes time so he only gives the one chance.

All I know about Anyka is, she had an excessive amount of time on her hands. To be honest, I'm actually fairly sure that some of the elements of the fictitious character she tried to sway us with, were factual. She would otherwise be quite a master at fabricating such a strange and unique individual. Oh, might I mention, I'm still waiting for the CEO of a large chain of banks whom she's friends with, to come to my house and beat me up. I'm also still due to be taken to court for all the obscene language I've exchanged with her. I have to admit it made me laugh a lot...

Well Gunzway, he could always give his ideas to you, and you could post them!

"No comment" ;)

Agreed, she was allowed to remain for FAR too long. I'm as much to blame for that as Mumbles.

Same situation over at UKPS when she swung by. It's great to give people the benefit of the doubt but she/he/it was just too weird.

• 3 weeks later...

If you really don't like this method, try this one:

you will need:

shoelaces

bp

siccors

funnel-small

method

1)using the siccors, chop the knobly bit off the ends of the shoelaces

2)remove all the fluffy stuff- its useless in this method but may have a use elsewhere

3)tie a knot as close to one end as you can

4)using the funnel, fill the shoelace with bp as far as you can

5)tie a knot as close to the top of the shoelace as you can

NB the powder will not stay in the shoelace like standard visco so when you want to use it, tie two knots really close together in the lace and cut in between the two knots

Fun!!! Its back and this time its using shoelaces!

Can you take video and show us how it works when you light it? I bet you cant hold it like you would Visco. :o

sorry, my mum is on dial up, her computer will freeze before a video will do anything

ps i probably could hold it in my hand, my hands are almost fireproof from several burns in the past

OMG!!!

No, that was completely tongue in cheek, it will all burn at once, it will not fuse. PLEASE STOP!!!

Stop posting and read something on pryo, you are driving me nuts with all of these dangerous and misguided posts. This is not your personal "I wonder what that will do" forum, we are here to improve pyro and learn, you are working hard to hurt people. :angry:

a hollow shoelase if injected with bp paste would actually perform similarly to visco only problem is it is to thick and would be prone to skipping ahead

Why fix something that's not broken? I know your trying to replace visco, but you really can't. If anything you can make electrical ignitors for safety and that's about it. Just make sure you have like 100+ft of firing wire.

The reason i am discussing visco alternatives is because you cannot get visco in nz, also Ralph, thankyou for backing me up, in nz, you can get varying thicknesses of shoelace

Dude.

Relax.

Stop trying to come up with your own ideas. Your ideas suck.

Instead, ask questions like "How can I do this?"

You'll get plenty of mature, well thought out answers.

Work on your listening skills.

Dude.

Relax.

Stop trying to come up with your own ideas. Your ideas suck.

Instead, ask questions like "How can I do this?"

You'll get plenty of mature, well thought out answers.

Work on your listening skills.

We should never discourage the search for new knolage what i hate is everyone makes a tutorial when they first start out they make a tut for their first shell or in this case a tutorial for the first time they make fuse DON'T DO IT go ahead and try things try the original than if its better than make a tutorial

also bp into a shoelase is actually quite a good idea a hoolow cotton thread witha 2-3mm diamiter would be much better but as visco isnt avalible its a good idea

I would never discourage the search for new knowledge. And I don't think that's what you're implying.

But I would encourage common sense and safety. And I would encourage questions before trying anything new.

Powder in a wound fuse, like Visco or Bickford, is tightly confined, and only the small exposed end surface can burn. Powder in a knitted tube like a shoelace would not be confined, and the moment it ignited it would inflate the tube and flash down the now-loose powder train like quickmatch.