APC Forum

Mumbles hurt in accident!

dagabu

Man Injured In Fireworks-Related Home Explosion

Med Flight Transported Victim To Hospital

Updated: 3:17 pm CDT September 8, 2010

http://www.channel3000.com/2010/0908/24918783_240X180.jpg

STOUGHTON, Wis. -- A man has been hospitalized following an explosion at a Stoughton home Tuesday night.Investigators said that fireworks were responsible for the explosion at the home in the 1100 block of Sundt Lane at about 6:30 p.m.Stoughton police said that adjacent residences were asked to evacuate Tuesday night.Smoke emerged from the home Tuesday night and the smell of sulfur around the home was apparent, WISC-TV reported. The explosion pushed out the entire sliding door to the back patio.Stoughton police said the preliminary investigation revealed that Christopher B. Hansen, 23, was in his basement when an explosion occurred, causing burns to his body. He was able to walk out of the home, which was filled with smoke. Embed CodeSave & ShareMore Videos Witnesses said that after hearing the explosion, several neighbors tended to Hansen after he escaped from the home."I thought I better open the patio door and I heard a man come out screaming, 'Help me; help me.' And the smoke just intensified so much. And then all of sudden there were a rush of neighbors all over. And the window had already blown out at that point," said neighbor Linda Pederson.Officials said Hansen was transported by Med Flight to the UW Hospital and Clinics Burn Center and is being treated for burns on his arms, legs and face. Hansen is listed in serious condition, WISC-TV reported.Authorities said Hansen was alone in the residence at the time of the explosion.Stoughton police said Hazmat crews are at the scene Wednesday cleaning up from the explosion.Police said Hansen makes fireworks as a hobby and there were lots of explosives and chemicals in the basement.Stoughton police said they are being assisted in the investigation by the Stoughton Fire Department, the Dane County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad and the Federal Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms Division.Stay tuned to WISC-TV and Channel 3000 for continuing coverage. To find out more on this, visit Channel 3000's Search page.

Copyright 2010 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Edited by dagabu

He cant have flowers or the like but balloons (Mylar only) and cards are OK. Let Chris know you are thinking about him. Please send him a card.

Chris Hansen

UW Hospital and Clinics

600 Highland Ave

Madison, WI 53792

He is in room B4-306

Our prayers are with him and his family. If I can get the information, I will post any PayPal links so we can make some donations as well.

Dave

I hope it isn't against any rules to ask this, but was he licensed? That would absolutely suck. He finally recovers, then he gets in trouble with the atf

It's probably best that that subject not be discussed here. There is no way to know for sure without talking to him directly, and there is certainly no good that will come from assumptions right now.

It really can happen to any of us can't it?

Damn! Been reading about the accident on Passfire, didn't know it was Mumbles.

I wish him a speedy recovery, sounds as though it will be a tough one

Get better soon! We are all rooting for your recovery!

Oh my. As others have said, at least he could walk out.

Best wishes for a fast recovery and no legal drama.

Oh, that's just too bad, I'm so sorry.

I'll wait with interest to find out what happened, though no doubt the authorities will exaggerate the danger and the media will distort it for all its worth. It may not have been very much - even a minor accident could become quite dramatic in an enclosed space like a basement.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this. I am stunned to say the least. I wish Chris and his family all the best and hopes he recovers quickly. I am very deeply saddened by this.

Good god.

I just found this out when someone at work who knew I was a pyro asked me if I knew who this was!!

Whoever can do so, PLEASE keep us all posted!

Oh god, i'm shocked to say the least. I wish Mumbles a speedy recovery with no permanent damage.

Oh god... I really hope he's OK. I'm so shocked that this has happened. It just shows guys, that an accident could happen to anyone.

I wish him a fast and speedy recovery, but from personal experience I just hope it's a full one. Hope everything turns out alright buddy.

I'm speechless...

Mumbles, hold on and recover quickly. I wish all you the best of things, I hope you are getting better and your family. We are going to miss you for a while.

Shit.

All the best Mumbles, I'm sure you'll be fine. Here's hoping the ATF don't get too heavy handed...

I see the cretins are out in force on the article comments... :angry:

At this point, the accident seems have to originated with milling plain ole charcoal. I wont post anything else that I know about the issue, that will have to be Mumbles choice, lets not speculate or call attention to this unnecessarily since the cached pages here can easily be viewed by "outside" sources.

I will do my best to update you all on how he is doing and will find out if a collection is being put together.

If anyone wants to get in on a get well card, shoot me an email, coldfire11@msn.com I will be getting a card today and will put your name in it and will send it off with the post today.

Dave