APC Forum

Lancaster Glitter Fountain

Cookieman

Here is a fountain I made and as you can see, I put it between 2 dumpsters so that I don't draw to much attention from the neighbors.I used a 3/4"Id tube 8"inches long with no choke.

Errr....

Yeah!!!!!!!!! I know, your right.

No, as in Errr.... where is the video?? Errr....

I'm so retarded!!!!!!! My link

Which Lancaster glitter formula is that? The sodium oxalate one?

Which Lancaster glitter formula is that? The sodium oxalate one?

Yes, thats the one.

Meal powder................68

Antimony trisulfide.......14

Sodium Oxalate...........11

Aluminum,bright 325m...7

Boric acid......................1

consolidation........ pressed

Edited by Cookieman

It looked fine to me. It didn't have much height, but the glitter was very attractive. I guess you'd need to choke it to get more height but then it might clog.

Yet another un-advertised use for vise-grips. They're the duct tape of the tool world

Yet another un-advertised use for vise-grips. They're the duct tape of the tool world

You should see what I use my ice cream scoop for!!

What about useing that as a waterfall(i'd try it but i lack the Oxalate) maby a cone fountan would be better(hand consolidated?) i did that to D1 glitter and(i forgot to weight it! it spun on the ground) it worked untill it spun.

What about useing that as a waterfall(i'd try it but i lack the Oxalate) maby a cone fountan would be better(hand consolidated?) i did that to D1 glitter and(i forgot to weight it! it spun on the ground) it worked untill it spun.

I think your probably right, a cone fountain would have been nice.

That way(if im correct) the slag then acts as the nozzle?(not sure about that, as i think it happened on the D1 cone, but becose the sides were thin, it erupted like a volcano, cool effect though!)

You could probably substitute Sodium Bicarbonate for the oxalate. I like the oxalate a little bit better, but both behave pretty similarly.

• 4 months later...

Seven,

Meal powder is green powder is rough powder, they are just the three ingredients roughly mixed together with no milling, compressing or any type of processing. Black powder is the finished product after being pressed, corned and sorted.

In most of these original or older glitter/tremalon formulas, the meal refers to a milled powder. You'd have to ask Mike Swisher if it meals Meal D or finely powdered meal straight from the mill.

Depending on who you ask, rough powder, can often mean a polverone made from milled powder used in maltese style shells.

• 1 year later...
I cannot understand why folks are always removing their videos from YouTube. 2wacko.gif

The original poster had personal issues and can understand why he removed them from youtube. There are valid reasons, and he definitely has one of them.

He told about his issues in the status update field. What a bitch doing that to him!

It sounds like a nice composition, though. Could one use cryolite instead of sodium oxalate?

Edited by Potassiumchlorate

too bad, this is one of those star fountains I sort of wanted to see. sorry if my comment offended.

however then I must assume that all the missing videos from YouTube must likewise be the same situation as these competitions are rife with them. Not complaining so much as commenting.

Edited by warthog