APC Forum

Seymour's second entry

Seymour

I'm a long way from home, but I'll try to get this firework on it's own, I just need to borrow someones computer with video editing software ect, the library won't let me do this.

Just in case there is some confusion about which one of the fireworks in the video I'm submitting, it's the mine which shoots up some charcoal and glitter stars, a splash of pink and a splash of green before a few titanium streamer insert shells burst. It's just before the jellyfish shell.

Yes, that is a lot for a 3" mine, it was full to the top!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a long way from home, but I'll try to get this firework on it's own, I just need to borrow someones computer with video editing software ect, the library won't let me do this.

Just in case there is some confusion about which one of the fireworks in the video I'm submitting, it's the mine which shoots up some charcoal and glitter stars, a splash of pink and a splash of green before a few titanium streamer insert shells burst. It's just before the jellyfish shell.

Yes, that is a lot for a 3" mine, it was full to the top!

Nothing beats a great fireworks display on the beach!! Great job Pakehapyro!!

The shell at 1:28 is quite nice, any pictures of how you made those ascending flowers? Just like shimizu described, or a different method?

• 3 weeks later...

The shell at 1:28 is quite nice, any pictures of how you made those ascending flowers? Just like shimizu described, or a different method?

They are not quite ascending flowers, since each insert only contains two stars, but in principal they are very similar.

They are indeed made almost exactly as shimizu describes it, with a number of fairly thick walled tubes. Each tube is penetrated by a piece of timefuse with a slightly different burn time. There is a star in each end of the tubes, with BP between. Each end is capped, and the whole unit is pasted.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb95/Gunzway/seymours_kyoku-do.jpg

The bigger, fatter insert at the top was a comet type insert designed to give the shell a trail of sorts.

Edited by Seymour

Really nice. How did you fix the inserts to yous shell? Beacause when I try that the inserts will al blow off. But very nice beachshow, great inserts in the mines. Really enjoyd it. Edited by Weirdo

I'm glad it was enjoyed :)

If you look closely you can see short lengths of string coming down from the top of the shell, underneath the top few layers of kraft paper. There are six of them, from memory, and they join together to form a cord which all the inserts are lashed to.

If the lashing is done well, it works.