APC Forum

Helpful application for sketching rocket tools

pudidotdk

Nope, the link is live. Try it again, I used E, Firefox and Chrome, all three worked even from work.

I feel no love using Windows Internet Explorer at home or work. What settings should I likely change to feel the love :wub:

LOL! I refer to Explorer as Evil-E, we only have it on our computers so that we can do updates automatically.

My IT guy can't even get it to load :angry:

He suggested I switch my home computer to Firefox.

My IT guy can't even get it to load :angry:

He suggested I switch my home computer to Firefox.

May be a silly sugestion but as the program is flash based, have you installed Adobe Flash and verified it is working?

May be a silly sugestion but as the program is flash based, have you installed Adobe Flash and verified it is working?

Well there's your problem lady :wacko:

Yep, that was it ausgoty. I dwnloaded the latest version and now were cooking with gas. or would that be BP?

Well there's your problem lady :wacko:

Yep, that was it ausgoty. I dwnloaded the latest version and now were cooking with gas. or would that be BP?

Ah, glad I could help :)

Cooking with BP for sure!!!!

I'm still feeling no love from "Evil E"

While I am able to run Rocket Tool Sketcher online, I spoke a little soon when I said that I downloaded it. Yesterday I attempted to download the application to my PC and was DENIED because "EVIL E" said the digital signature was not valid. No choices, no would I still like to download it. Just flat DENIED!!!

Today I tried again and now I'm DENIED because my lovely operating system claims that the application is not a valid Win32 application. Never mind that it's happily running in the background.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/killforfood/Pyro/DENIED.jpg

I suppose that I should be thankful that my PC protects me from all things harmful.

I'm fighting it though, yesterday I went to the drive through and ordered fries with my meal! Ha! Take that Bill Gates. Your evil genius can't stop that!

On a brighter note, Rocket Tool Sketcher is such a well thought out application. Every thing is so intuitive. In minutes I was designing tooling like a pro. The automatic recalculation of all dimensions and automatic re-proportion of the drawings is sooo cool!

Thanks Pudi

You cannot download the Rocket Tool Sketcher! It isn't an application (.EXE file), it's a web page with Flash and Java. The calculation and drawing is created on your computer, not on the web host, but the "program" is running as a graphics script in your local web browser and can't stand alone without it. Use the program online, then download the .JPG file that it offers you to save as a finished drawing.

Note: if you really, really want to download the program, just go to "view" (or whatever the tab is in IE) and select "view page source". You will see the actual Javascript and Flash commands (in words, not nice graphics), and you can save the whole page if you want to as an .htm or .html file. It is just barely possible that if you open the resulting file using your web browser, it will run locally.

Hey Peret, It worked!!!:) Very Cool B)

I'm about half computer illiterate so when something actually works, I get stoked.

Thanks.

Just a quick update, while I was able to download the source code and run the sketcher locally, there is some functionality that will be lost. The help file and other keys across the top are no longer functional. Also I am no longer able to save the image. Other than that, all of the drawing tools work perfectly.:)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My PC reeaally doesn't like that file. Windows Defender freaks out and immediately tries to delete it, saying it's a virus. Virustotal.com says it's probably fine, though. Is there any way you can verify that it's safe and make it so that it doesn't get detected as malware?

It says it's "Trojan: Win32/Maltule.B!cl", which doesn't sound particularly inviting. It's probably a just false positive, but there might be some possibility the download link got hacked or something.

The in-browser version works really well! It's very easy and intuitive to use and will surely save me hours of designing and sketching tooling. Nice work.

Edited by BlueComet24

That works without raising any flags. Thank you. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Pud, just curious, does your website have project files? if so, are you going to fix the website due to Adobe killing off flash?