APC Forum

Winter/Spring Rocket Competition - And the Winner is.....

EEguy

Well, Got the rockets done, simple effects but they should be interesting.

Before i go and shoot,(set for tomorrow night) is there a requirement for pre-flight pictures?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• dagabu

• EEguy

• Twotails

Before i go and shoot,(set for tomorrow night) is there a requirement for pre-flight pictures?

I am going to do a walk around, fusing video, lighting and flight video. Do we need stills?

D

As far as I'm concerned, no pre-shoot photos are needed.

The first entry I got didn't have any, so it wouldn't be fair to expect the rest of you to include them.

There is no requirement for preflight shots. You are encouraged to film your rocket in any way that you can imagine; that might gain you points with the named judges in the evaluation categories listed. The first post of this thread contains the evaluation categories and background information on the judges.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, folks. There's been an update.

Because of all the crap that happened recently (Site move, Domain change, being offline for a month, and the complete dropoff in site traffic), the entry deadline has been extended to May 20th, and we've set a "minimum entries for prize award". I offered to let the sponsors withdraw the competition completely, since our traffic has gone straight to hell, and that was the only fair thing to do on our part.

However, they nicely agreed to just extend the competition and set a "Five Entry Minimum" condition, which I think is rather generous of them.

Entry Deadline is now May 20th, 2010, 23:59 GMT. There must be a minimum of five entries before the prize will be awarded.

NOW THEN!!! I have only TWO entries! I need a MINIMUM of THREE more! ;)

That's a RATHER nice prize they're going to give to some lucky winner, after all, so let's get cracking!

Make your video, post it somewhere private so that the judges don't happen to stumble across it on the net, and send me a PM with the link to it.

We now have roughly ten weeks until the deadline arrives, and I'll be sending a Bulk Mail to all the members that have been active within the last 6 months or so, to alert them of our move.

So, tell your friends, relatives, neighbors, and fellow builders who don't visit us. Anyone is welcome to enter, they just have to be a Member here. And that's free. Whatta deal, eh?

Stay tuned!

NOW THEN!!! I have only TWO entries! I need a MINIMUM of THREE more! ;)

I've planned to fire the rocket the 20th, so at least 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I got one more entry. I STILL NEED A FEW MORE.

Come on folks, let's make this interesting. If you don't enter, you can't win that nifty prize. Some other schmoe will walk away with it. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Do girandolas count? If so I'm testing drivers for one at the moment, plus I have a few rockets stashed away for spring break. =]

Well... no. This is a Rocket Competition.

If you want to put a girandola driver on a stick and light it off, feel free to enter that. :whistle:

Alright, well are multiple motors acceptable? Meaning two or more rocket motors on one stick with one heading.

I don't see why not. The judges are the final arbiters of course.

Good to hear!

Be sure and read page one's rules, and looking forward to your PM.

Multiple motors or stages are perfectly fine for this competition.

• 4 weeks later...

The deadline is approaching and I'm still short of entries!

Come on, folks, let's get this off the ground (so to speak) and get your rocket videos submitted!

2 short weeks remain until we hit the deadline, and we haven't even gotten the minimum of 5 entries.

I will be firing several rockets this weekend at WPAG. We will see if they CATO or not as I am trying to lift 500 grams with a 1# (3/4") hybrid.

D

And I.... will be working, as I do every weekend now. &*$#%^@#*

Have fun at the WPAG. Tell everyone I finally got hired fulltime at IPS. Which likely means I won't see the light of day (or any of them) until next year at the rate I'm going now, lol.

Weather is looking wet for the shoot, I may not go now if the rain continues on Saturday. The spring shoot for NLP is the 15th, will I still be able to submit if I have to want until then?

It's getting crappier and crappier sounding. Last week it said it'd be warm and sunny. Then I heard periods of rain, and some light rain and clouds on saturday. Now they're calling for a mixture of snow and rain.

I have falling leaves for Eric and rockets to test for display.... RATS!!:wacko:

Weather is looking wet for the shoot, I may not go now if the rain continues on Saturday. The spring shoot for NLP is the 15th, will I still be able to submit if I have to want until then?

Deadline is the 20th, but if the judging committee wants to extend it a bit more than that I certainly won't object. I'm still short one entry. Need 5, have 4.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised about that. I thought I'd get that many straight away.

Im working hard to get an entry to turn in. I bought a metal lathe and built a spindle for my rockets so now all I have to do is make a tube support and test my rockets weight capacity. The hardest part now is finding a weekend I can go to my launch site an hour away.