APC Forum

Winter/Spring Rocket Competition - And the Winner is.....

EEguy

This post has been cleared by management.

Don't let a bit of cold weather stop you!

It's winter time; and in my part of the country, this means it is time to experiment with new rocket firework designs. A nice white flame resistant blanket covers the land, and it's too cold to go climbing, hiking or biking. Chemicals are easy to get quickly since there is no holiday rush, and the sun sets early enough for a pre-dinner show.

Getting down to it; I would like to sponsor a rocket competition.

The winner will receive a free E-match controller system! -The Angry Spark III by NichroPulse.

The video footage will be judged by a panel of 6 people using the following criteria:

Uniqueness (1-10 rating) weighted 50%

Footage Quality (1-10 rating) weighted 25%

Altitude (1-10 rating) weighted 25%

Please submit your video link in a Personal Message (PM) to our gracious Admin TheSidewinder before May 20, 2010. There must be a minimum of 5 entries for prize award.

Information on the judges:

Eric: Physics, sugar rockets, bio diesel, mountain biking

Christoffer: Physics, hiking, rocketry, HE

Rob: Mechanical engineering, automotive restoration, skiing, explosions

Leah: Physics, sales, books (non-fiction), soccer

Trevor: Physics, magic tricks, math, climbing

Simon: Electrical Engineering, pyrotechnics, dirt biking, kite boarding

GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFUL!

Edited by TheSidewinder
Extended the entry deadline, and added minimum entry condition, due to site move

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• dagabu

• EEguy

• Twotails

Yes, indeed, this is your chance to win a nice prize and show off a bit at the same time. ;)

ENTRANTS: SEND ME A PM CONTAINING A LINK TO THE VIDEO YOU WANT TO SUBMIT FOR THE COMPETITION.

PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE (OR SIMILAR). USE RAPIDSHARE, MEGAUPLOAD, ETC.

WE WANT TO INSURE ANONYMITY OF ALL ENTRIES.

Now that I have your attention :D ... I won't be entering the competition, so I agreed to act as the intermediary for it.

The people judging this competition will not know whose entry is which, and that's the idea. The winner will receive the prize via a delivery method chosen by the sponsors.

Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT, 20 May 2010.

Looks like it's off to a great start! We anxiously await the viewing.

There's an awful lot of jaw-jacking going on in here....... but I only have one entry as of today. :whistle:

OK, seriously, I know an awful lot of us are still firmly in the grasp of "Winter", and this year has been pretty damn cold in some places.

But there's now less than 2 months to get those entries in.

So put on the thinking caps, roll up your sleeves, get to work, and amaze the rest of us!

M

There's an awful lot of jaw-jacking going on in here....... but I only have one entry as of today. :whistle:

Wait for it, still have a couple of exams to take, after that you guys can already send me the prize :lol: Just kidding of course. ;)

Just waiting on my knee, dislocated it, so i havent been able to get out to my firing area.

Are pre-flight pictures required?

OK, seriously, I know an awful lot of us are still firmly in the grasp of "Winter", and this year has been pretty damn cold in some places.

But there's now less than 2 months to get those entries in.

So put on the thinking caps, roll up your sleeves, get to work, and amaze the rest of us!

M

This stuff takes time... I will do my best but you remember my rockets at the fall shoot, not so good huh? New tooling and everything, had to start from the ground up. :P

D

Hey, they were entertaining! ;)

Uh... thanks? :P

I have a bunch that I have shot this spring and they all go up past 50', really, no kidding. Even if this rocket doesnt do what I want it to do, it sure will be entertaining!!

It goes up this weekend.

D

Well i guess i´ll give it a go myself, not post them on youtube? can we post the competition videos on the net after the judges has spoken? Edited by skyisthelimitinc

Well i guess i´ll give it a go myself, not post them on youtube? can we post the competition videos on the net after the judges has spoken?

I think we should.

Well i guess i´ll give it a go myself, not post them on youtube? can we post the competition videos on the net after the judges has spoken?

Better yet, Mumbles? Can you post them here?

D

You bet!

Once the competition is over, and the judging panel has selected a winner, I'll post the videos here if their author has no objection. And they are of course free to post it wherever THEY like, as well.

By that time, we'll likely be on the new version of IP.Board.

(This version will reach its official "End of Life" on July 1st, after which time we won't be supporting it, so there's some real incentive for me to get us upgraded well before then. ;) )

As the author of this thread, we agree that the videos shall be posted here after the winner has been selected.

Thanks!

As the author of this thread, we agree that the videos shall be posted here after the winner has been selected.

Thanks!

WH00T!!