APC Forum

The Fireworks Alliance

Pennpyro

The Fireworks Alliance is a not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to keeping fireworks legal and preserving the tradition of fireworks for all Americans. The Fireworks Alliance provides organizes members to fight onerus legislation and regulation, while providing financial support for legal action when necessary.

For those members who do not know, the CPSC has recently gone after the bulk chemical suppliers and strogarmed them into not selling to companies who repackage for resale. This means no more skylighter, firefox, discount pyro etc.... Without these companies our hoby is dead and so is rocketry and home chemistry.

I urge all members of this forum who are of legal voting age to become a member and help fight the CPSC. If you are not of legal age, get your parents to join.

The Fireworks Alliance

• Like 1

I agree. I urge every member here to join. More specifically, to print out the letter to senator George Allen and mail it off. I did this last night. We need to keep our legal chemical purchases available! The CPSC has no right to do this to us. And this letter explains that, and alot more!

Remember, These letters are going to a senator, not to the ATF or FBI. You will not be labeled, entered into a databse or anything else. But if you feel uncomfortable with your name on the letter, print the letter without it and sign the thing! But please, mail a copy of this letter, it will cost you a bit of ink, an envelope, and a stamp! Thats worth it to me to help keep out cehmicals without our reach!! We need numbers, the more the better!

Thank you guys!

I would join...but I can't vote.... atleast not till February.... That's when I turn 18.

I agree that what the CPSC is doing is terrible, but even if they succeed it doesn't mean the end to hobby pyro. It'll hurt us, but we can still do what we do without purchasing from online chem suppliers. If I can make decent blue stars from entirely OTC things then this hobby can never die. So even if they do succeed at eliminating our beloved suppliers, we need to continue doing pyro anyway.

Anyone under 18 needs to ask thier parents to send the letter. Please at least try. We can't just give up.

I had my dad mail the letter this morning. It makes me feel good to atleast attempt to make a difference.

This should be a sticky note, IMHO.

And by all means write those letters!!

EMAILS AND FAXES WON'T DO IT. IT'S KNOWN THAT THE SENATOR ONLY READS WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE!

If we can sway just a FEW key legislators, we'll have a leg up on the problem.

My letter is going out tomorrow.

M

I sent out my letter yesterday. Hopefully everyone who sends one will respond to this message and give others the encouragement to do the same.

I agree, I pinned it for a while.

Mike swisher on rec.pyro confirmed that hummel croten and service chemical have indeed been pressured to stop sales to our chemical vendors.

PLEASE we have to do this now! We need this Senator to see at least 10 of our letters a day for a few months!

I will send one letter a week. I hope others can do that same, but at least one will help!

Thanks guys!

ALSO: There was a post on PML I want you all to see:

You hit the nail right on the head. THIS IS THE TIME to do

this. We will never get crowds as large as this for any other

occaision, and if we wait untilo next year we may not have a

hobby left. Most venues have one or two roads coming in to

the site where the show is, so if you can simply stand in the

road as they are coming in to park and hand out a leaflet,

you can cover most of the crowd easily.

As a separate item, we want to make sure that the public knows

that there are efforts to kill fireworks all together, especially

the consumer fireworks they love to buy and shoot. They may not

understand the CPSC issue, but they will understand the issue

if we can convey that the NFPA and others want to ban consumer

fireworks all together. We are going to fight a dozen issues

in the year to come, and many of those effect the public directly.

Dave

So if any of you can hand out letters or leaflets, or just chat to people at the fireworks stands this will indeed help!!

You can even print out letters and give them to people who are interested, who might sign and send them to the senators.

We are getting screwed here guys! I am going to ask a few stands if they will pass out leaflets with thier fireworks flyer while people shop. If anyone else is interested in doing this I might be able to post the leafelts here. Basicly a short version of the letter to the senator, but with the added threat to concumer fireworks added.

I emailed the board and asked them if you had to be 18 to send the letter and John Steinberg told me it didnt matter if you were under 18 or not. So everyone can send the letter! :D

Al, please post leaflets.

I would come up with one myself, but I'm not sure if I could covey everything needed in a proper form ect ect.....

I live quite close to some rather large firework stores (neptune, phantoms, ect.) and I WILL be asking to hand such letters out there. These could reach a few hundred people a day, and could greatly help. Anyone else who lives near such outlets, when we get a good leaflet, please ask them to circulate as many as possible to help this cause.

This is part of our lives which I'm sure I'm not the only one who couldn't stand it taken away.

I just printed some bulletins out. There is a fourth of july fireworks show in my town. I'll try to distribute these to the firework stores and to people at the show. My friend owns a printing press... I'd say about 10,000 copies should fair well. After reading and becoming a member I think it's pretty serious stuff to potentially lose what you love to do.

I'm signed up. Thanks for the info AD. I appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree that what the CPSC is doing is terrible, but even if they succeed it doesn't mean the end to hobby pyro. It'll hurt us, but we can still do what we do without purchasing from online chem suppliers. If I can make decent blue stars from entirely OTC things then this hobby can never die. So even if they do succeed at eliminating our beloved suppliers, we need to continue doing pyro anyway.

NItric you awesome great godlike peice of shit pyro think about it for a second. IF the CPSC bans the major chemical suppliers and the like whats to stop them from eventually banning other OTC chemicals? Like Sulfuric acid in drain cleaners or CuSO4 in what its used for or NaClO3 in weed killer or KNO3 in stum remover? OR other stuff? There are other chemicals that can replace those ones and thus making it impossible to get them if they ban the major suppliers online. So maybe today after they ban them online you can make your fireworks but think of future generations man. Im going to sign up and send the letter once I sober up a tommorow probably or at least soon.

• 2 weeks later...
They can't ban EVERY OTC chem that can be used to make a "bomb" simple pressure devices can be created from almost any acid mixed with almost any base. What they don't seem to be getting is that even if they ban all the major chemical suppliers, if someones really, really, wants to blow up a building, they are GOING to figure out how.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, even with all the chem sites banned, those chemicals have other uses, and someone has to sell them, e.g. I buy KNO3 from a hydroponics website, it's cheap and it won't be banned because it's "supposedly" being used for a fertiliser.

• 9 months later...
I'm not eight-teen but I joined whats up with that. And I sent the letter. I want to stick it to the man. hahahaha

• 1 month later...
Then you probably just wasted your money. Their lawyers are TERRIBLE.

• 2 years later...
Hopefully any news and info will be factual and have the sources referenced. There's nothing worse than a cause that gets derailed because of mis-information.

• 7 months later...
Might want to unpin this, i just went to the link in the first post, and there is no more fireworks alliance atleast not at the link that is provided. So, either you won, or those people there just didnt care enough to keep it going.

I do see that the Domain seems to have either expired, or there is no long a website associated with it.

But I do know it's still SOME kind of entity. Just... not sure who's running it anymore.

I'll do some poking about to see what's up.

But if anyone has an updated link, please provide it and I'll edit the first post.