APC Forum

Forum errors

FrankRizzo

Today, I've been getting the following error when navigating the forum:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /home/apcadmin/public_html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 64"

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• Mumbles

• FrankRizzo

• qwezxc12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same here, but it seems to have gone away.

Thats a mysql error..the error is there.. I havent got the error yet

O and it showed his whole path in the ftp as well..rofl

I have been getting error messages when trying to use the search function of the forum.

We had that problem when we first installed the software. It seemed to be better after everything was done. I really don't know shit about php, SQL databases, or anything like that. Even if I went in, I wouldn't know how to fix it. The problem seems to go away after a little bit. It may just the the forum, or hosting hiccuping, or preforming some kind of service on the account where SQL has to momentarily be suspended or something.

• 1 year later...
Seems to be troubles again, Mumbles. When trying to access the site through www.apcforum.net, I'm not longer re-directed to the forum index page. Also, when trying to access the forum via my bookmark, I'm sent to the directory index of "/forums". I can access the site by clicking the index.php file in the directory.

Yes I too am getting a generic APC page that hasa a whole three things on it, the description, I heart fireworks, and the email link. I got here throw another link going to a thread.

As for now, just connect through this link....

Bookmarking this link will also work...

http://www.apcforum.net/forums/index.php?

I'm pretty sure I know how to fix this... So I'll have to wait for Mumbles to get on MSN because I do not have the password anymore...

I might not be on when he gets on... So here's what I want you to try Mumbles when you get back...

In httpd.conf (in the Apache Group\ApacheX.X\conf\ folder)

find

<IfModule dir_module>

</IfModule>

and replace it with this...

<IfModule dir_module>

DirectoryIndex index.php

</IfModule>

I don't really know what else could have caused this problem... Nor do I know how\what changed your httpd.conf without looking into the logs... But this should fix your problem.

Ahahahah... Now I have a question...

http://www.apcforum.net/

I am not sure if I have ever accessed the website from apcforum.net without /forums

Has there always been this weird into page?

I didn't remember it originally, but Mumbles is considering expanding beyond just the forum and occassional file hosting to having actual tutorials, etc... This could be a possible reason that would make perfect sense.

Yeah, I was messing around with some stuff the other day. There is a website template thing that comes with the hosting package I was playing around with. It seems when I put up that front page to see how it looked, it messed up a few things. I will see if I can get rid of it. I was really just seeing how the template thing worked.

I saw the directory thing, but wasn't too worried. Anything someone may find of interest gives an error message or they don't have the password to access it.

Ahahahah... Now I have a question...

http://www.apcforum.net/

I am not sure if I have ever accessed the website from apcforum.net without /forums

Has there always been this weird into page?

No it hasnt been there before. I always come in through apcforum.net and thats what threw me off.

Yeah yesturday I couldn't acces the forum from my sisters computer, because when I put www.apcforum.net I got this zeired page, and I couldn't find the forum index... :/

oskar,

The file you want to click on, when you get the directory page, is:

index.php

That will get you to the main forum page

Mumbles, there's a temp fix that's quick.

Put a file titled index.html in the directory, with a redirect to index.php in it. Not elegant, but it should work.

M

Ok, fine I click the Index button on the left of the screen but I get redirected to the home page, but the adress has just changed to www.apcforum.net/index.html

Oskar,

Whoops. My fix for you only works if you go to:

http://www.apcforum.net/forums

It's on that page you get a directory of the forum, rather than the correct forum page. There's a file titled index.php. Click that one and you'll get the correct page.

The one you went to, I saw earlier, but didn't think about it much. Three's no direct link to the correct page from that one.

Hope that made sense.

M

Yeah, I'll fix it tonight hopefully. I am getting back to my house later. I have trouble accessing the admin stuff from away from home.

Heh, I've been having the same problem since NYE. Anyway, yeah I can't get to the forum via Apcforum.net But luckily i got through via a google search. I've replaced my bookmark :) Mumbles, I'm pretty sure I sent you an E-Mail about this. If so, disregard it.

Thanks

It's fixed as far as I can tell.

I just tried it and got redirected to the correct page.

M

• 4 months later...
When I try and click print topic for the aerial shell thread not even half the posts come up. The final posts ends on April 6th 2006, is anyone else having this problem? and could it be resolved?