APC Forum

Donations Can Be Made Here

TheSidewinder

Grateful thanks to our newest donators, MudDuckPyro79, asdercks, salminma, and repeat donators folkins1, sulphurstan, tortoise, rogeryermaw, AustralianPyromaniac, and pyroman2498.

We also got donations from someone with initials F.M. and a verizon.net address, and someone else with initials P.V.B. and a Gmail address, but they do not match your forum email address, and you didn't leave your forum name at Paypal - please let me know who you are!!!! :)

Thank you all for stepping up!!

Anyone reading this.... please consider donating so we can keep APC free for all.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting worried... May... 21%...

If that forum disappears, my wife would be happy, but not me, definitely (and I've the feeling most of us would not be happy). Could it be possible to find some sponsoring from professional Pyro companies? It has often been said that the professional Pyro also benefits from amateur Pyro, this forum is so rich in information, hints and tricks... No idea how amateur and professional Pyro worlds stay one to each other, maybe just dreaming... Just an idea, since we're not able to put 10 boxes each of us...

• Like 1

(Apologies for the absence and delay, folks, work and "real life" kept me too busy.)

First, thank you for your very generous donation, Dagabu. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

And grateful thanks to our newest donator, Nish, and repeat donators Vulcan, Ubehage, OldMarine, and a person who wished to remain anonymous.

Thank you all for stepping up!

And to those who haven't donated....

We're better off than we were a month ago, but please consider donating to keep APC free for everyone.

Wow just read this thread and have to say the price you are paying to host the site is extortionate in my opinion. I have 4 websites that are hosted for approx. 150 USD per year each, the server is almost never down and the hosting company offer great technical support..................Just saying.

• Like 1

Getting worried... May... 21%...

If that forum disappears, my wife would be happy, but not me, definitely (and I've the feeling most of us would not be happy). Could it be possible to find some sponsoring from professional Pyro companies? It has often been said that the professional Pyro also benefits from amateur Pyro, this forum is so rich in information, hints and tricks... No idea how amateur and professional Pyro worlds stay one to each other, maybe just dreaming... Just an idea, since we're not able to put 10 boxes each of us...

No, No, No. This site is afterall about Amatuer Pyrotechnics. The opinions here are not swayed by potential advertising dollars. Therefore it's all open, and advice given is without fear or favour.

I have contributed twice myself, but at the moment I have more pressing financial concerns.

I'll donate next when I can.

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

Small initial donation sent ... honestly, it's not that I'm cheap, but I just spent beaucoup bucks on other pyro. More moolah to come your way after it first comes to me. ;)

Sidewinder,

What is the deficit both in 'schedule' and for the 'whole year' (not in 'time', but in dollars)?

We might be able to make it up, if we knew the amount. <shrug>

Lloyd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hearty thanks to our newest donator baaroose, and repeat donators 319, Ubehage, Robinhood60, memo, and Vulcan.

(I'll post a separate answer to your question, Lloyd, and thank you!)

Lloyd, thank you for inquiring and offering to help.

We need $2720 annually. $200 per month for the server, the remainder is for software support, $160 every 6 months, and annual domain renewals.

(We bought, and renew, the .net .org and .info extensions for "amateurpyro" in order to prevent anyone trying to capitalize on our name and community.)

Divide that by 12 and it's ~ $227 a month ("226.666..." for the math geeks).

At the moment we're reasonably close to the "break even" point but, at the end of May and if no more donations are made this month, we'll be short by about $285.

Again, thanks for offering to help.

• Like 1

I'll see what I can "round up" in terms of help, and what I might do. I can't augment your annual budget much, but I might be able to help (in about 25 more days) with a monthly.

I'm being earnest when I say I want to help, but can't evaluate whether or not I can until this current contract has run its course.

Lloyd

I just sent a donation hope it helps.

Great site !

A while back I broke my back in 3 places

Spent a year in a full body cast and another year

in a wheel chair.

This site and making fireworks has become a form of therapy.

Thank you

Xdiver1

This years donation sent.

Freedom of information shouldn't cost, but it does cost something to the people who run this forum, so therefore those of us who can, should/could/can contribute to that monetary cost. Even so, that monetary cost doesn't take into account the effort put in by the Admins!! A time consuming task no doubt.

Hopefully a better deal can be made. The $2720 per annum does seem a bit much. Hopefully the brains-trust on this forum can come up with a better deal.

Cheers, Steve.

Edited by stix

Out of curiosity, would it possible to do some merchandising (I would gladly buy an APC shirt!) and put the profit towards the site? If we, hypothetically, had excess funds what would the admins do with them?

Out of curiosity, would it possible to do some merchandising (I would gladly buy an APC shirt!) and put the profit towards the site? If we, hypothetically, had excess funds what would the admins do with them?

I second that idea and if it were to happen I would get behind it but it looks like the admins probably aren't in a position to pay the upfront investment right now.

Dear admins. What do you think about bangkok pyro's post? I m not that fond of delocalization (is that good english??), but still, maybe a server solewhere else could be an idea...

Merchandising is also a great idea, but takes some time to organize, and when you see this forum, you also see that some time is already really putted in here... with the jobs we all have, fireworks season appproahding... it s hard to find some extra time these days.

Nevertheless, if it happens one day that apc sells a nice 75 15 10 t shirt, ill be the first purchase order.

I just donated (an hour or two ago) but it didn't allow me to enter any comments/my forum name. I already have the Donator tag so I don't think it affects me but just a head's up for other users. I donated via PayPal.

• 2 weeks later...

Grateful thanks to our newest donators, Xdiver1, RobL, MinamotoKobayashi, and repeat donators Stix, AzoMittle, and DavidF.

Your donations are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Donated $10.00 just now. Not NEAR what I would like to, I really appreciate you and the forum. Smell the smoke!

Bill

FlareLauncher stepped up. Have you not read $10 worth of content here and do you suppose there's more to learn? Give up a six-pack or half a pizza and keep this going!

• Like 1