APC Forum

You know you're a Pyro when...

OneEyeCharlie

When family and friends wont come by your house nearing the Fourth of July....

....When you look, every day on your way home from work, to make sure there is not a pillar of fire in the direction of your house.

i liked this one...its true =].

...when you check the wheater tommrow just to know if make stars.

...when you start to check every Bag of charcoal you see.

...when you go next to building site and start to look for HDPE tubes.

...when you go some where and just thinking about pyro , of you making shells rockets etc.

...when you cant sleep and thinking about making shells.

...when you hear about someone that have cancer and start to afraid.

...when your phone is ringing and you cant answer cause all you hand are covered with stars mix or "just" black powder.

...when you see fireworks show and tell yourself "i can do better then this one".

...when you hate when little kids that telling you "i know how to make a bomb with Lighter and matches hads". and call to a powder from sparklers gunpowder.

...when you tell your self what a bulshit in lecture about unleagal firework and cups telling you that there is HIGH explosive in lil bangers.

Sorry about any English mistakes.

... when you could say "Zippo" before "Mummy"

... when you connect the therm blowjob to the profession of a pyrotechnician

old one: ... when you wash your hands before taking a leak

...when the fire department knows your home address by heart.

...when you warn people to stay 500m away in case of a fire.

...when your computers wallpaper is the periodic table with pyro chemicals highlighted.

... when you talk about gun powder in world history while talking about wars.

... when you taught your class about pyro

... when you know more than you chemistry teacher about chemistry

... when you jump when you see KMnO4

... when you ask your wood shop teacher if you can have the extra wood and he says, "for what?" and you say, "I'm grilling it."

• 1 month later...

...when you giggle buying sugar.

...when 80% of the things you buy on Saturday are NEVER used for their labeled purpose.

...when the manager of the local walmart had the charcoal moved to the opposite side of the garden section FAR away from the stump remover after having a few with you one night.

...when the local police stop by to "warn" you on slow nights and stay for snacks

...when the local police never come near your house on the 4th

...when the local police refuse to leave your house on the fourth until the sarge comes and tells them to stop watching you make craters

...when the local police stop responding to reports of "gunshots" in your area

...when the local police don't pull you over for speeding in the general vicinity of your house

...when the manager of the chem order store stopped serving you...then apologized after the police petitioned him to start ordering for you again

...when the neighborhood kids gain respect for fireworks after seeing you without hair or eyebrows

...when youve lost your hair and eyebrows

...when the local BATF agent is afraid of inspecting your garage so he just says "be safe"

• Like 2

... you've ever made a shell that weighs more than you do.

You go to the tanning salon not because you want to get darker, but because UV promotes the regeneration of skin.

You don't think paper mache is girly at all.

Whenever you flick a lighter the room goes silent.

• Like 1

...When you have 3 busted gram scales in a box in your room, and a replacement on the way.

...When you are finally considering buying a scale that costs more than $10 on ebay.

...When there is a need for grinding and/or screening things in non-pyro situations, you conveniently have all the necessary equipment "for some reason."

...you fully understand the theoretical explanation for the pyrotechnic phenomenon of glitter, and enjoy explaining it to victims people at random.

...When your parents have a fit when you leave an unknown powder at the kitchen table.

...When you've composed a routine comment to get rid of 10-year-olds asking about sparklers.

...When you regularly clean the stove and sink with acetone.

...When you think its idiotic to use gasoline in cars...

...and share your views with anyone that listens.

Oh, and ...your skin is yellow more often than not, and you're not asian.

...When it's New Years Eve, some of your neighbors take their chairs outside and sit down facing the direction of your house.

...The rest of the neighbors leave the suburb for a while.

...When you go to people's houses and ask them "Can I have your charcoal, preferably willow".

...when you check your email everyday to see if you got any responses on your Youtube pyrotechnic videos

...when you're getting something big out of your pocket, your friends stop and look at you, waiting.

...when in the house there's a smell of smoke, everyone is blaming you

...when there are dark stains in the house somewhere, everyone is blaming you

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever you walk outside, your dog heads for under a bed, instead of for his leash.

Your wife constantly asks you "How old are you, anyway?"

You have to be careful to avoid friction cleaning your fingernails

A transformer blows up down the street and you get 3 calls saying "Good one!"

• Like 1

When you take high offense to people saying," yeah he makes bombsl."

That completely ticks me off... I now know to keep all salutes away from the drunk burnouts, a 1 gram flash salute turned me into the "unibomber".

...when you check your email everyday to see if you got any responses on your Youtube pyrotechnic videos

...when you're getting something big out of your pocket, your friends stop and look at you, waiting.

...when in the house there's a smell of smoke, everyone is blaming you

...when there are dark stains in the house somewhere, everyone is blaming you

Wow that sounds exactly like me... Every single one :P

Whenever you walk outside, your dog heads for under a bed, instead of for his leash.

Your wife constantly asks you "How old are you, anyway?"

You have to be careful to avoid friction cleaning your fingernails

A transformer blows up down the street and you get 3 calls saying "Good one!"

Apparently a transformer exploded yesterday in an "electrical storm", and about 4 people called me telling me "wow that one was really loud".... Though I was detonating quite a bit of CuO\Al thermite yesterday :P

...you research what the different chemicals are actually used for, so that you can make up believable stories to tell the shopkeepers.

It makes me pretty mad that this is true, but it completely is... KNO3 is fine for aiding in the decomposition of stumps, but a teenager comes in and they put you on damn 20 questions about it... Normally throwing out BS like "It was using in that one Oklahoma bombing"... C'mon, seriously, it would obviously be restricted, if so (as NH4NO3 is). This has never happened to me, but I've heard about it so many times...

It seems that nearly all of these happen to me constantly... A little less than comical, because they are so true, but that seems to make them even more funny :D

-When your bedroom floor is missing various chunks of carpet due to "spills" and "accidents"

-When people look at you like an idiot for reading about 200 household chemical labels checking for ingredients... (Especially at pool supply stores, since most packages simply say "pH (-)", "Shock", etc...)

-When you find yourself writing various compositions by memory in a notebook when your bored

-Occasionally you want to "show up" younger children playing with those little impact-sensitive Snaps with your Chlorate "Snaps".

-While something detonates your grandpa hits the deck while you walk towards Ground Zero to see just how much of the planet you removed this time...

• Like 1

... whenever you drive by a field and you think about what a nice show you could set up with all that space.
  • Like 1

...you've ever used magnesium ribbon for for a twist tie.

.... When you see a tube, and you get your ruler out and measure the diamiter and see if it would make a good mortar
  • Like 1

Not so much a "You know you're a pyro when..." but what REALLY pisses me off is when people say I make Bombs ARGH <_< :angry:

Its all these bloody kewlz that give us a bad rep, or those people blowing up the twin towers...

....when you goto work and everyones tryin to figure out what smells like sulphur...opps

my favourite and truest (is that a word?) for me would have to be "you wash your hands before you pee"

when your parents start to leave random objects that "might" be useful on your desk

when people run when they see you take a lighter out

when your shopping and you go to the fertiliser section and read the back of every product even though you know you wont find what your looking for

when you go to someones place and every time they tell you not to blow the place up

when you get caught every science lesson marveling at the chemical room

when you ask the science teacher if you can purchase any of the chemicals that you saw

when the science teacher tells another student to watch that you dont burn anything

when every day you think, talk, dream about pyro

when you can not trust anyoone within a 10 metre vicinity of your room

when people ask how do you make one of them, and you reply, if I explained it to you your head would explode

""when you get caught every science lesson marveling at the chemical room""

Just so true, my chem teacher actually makes me go and do all of my tests in that room.. It's like torture, you want to throw the test away and scalvadge all of the metal powders that are behind you

when sometimes you make nightmares, that you've been caught by the cops for doing pyrotechnics

when you understand the word "bomb maker" as an insult and you get very angry when someone says it to you

when you often leave dark stains on the walls in your house

... you don't remember how much of a chemical you have and end up buying more only to realize that there was 30 pounds already in the closest from the last time you didn't remember.

... you read the ingredients on various food products and think(out loud)- "yep, have a pound of that, mhm and two quarts of that and oh! that's what I forgot to order last time!

... you've shot off the store bought cakes and saved the empty tubes, refilled them with your own mixes and stars and re-shot them all in the same evening/night.

... when you have black handprints all over yourself from squatting mosquitoes while you were making airfloat charcoal.