APC Forum

Suggestions?

cplmac

I know we have our member tutorial section, but mabye we could benifit by having a page where we can organize our TUT's, much like the tutorial button on here.

Just a thought.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• Mumbles

• cplmac

• ST1DinOH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is good idea for sticky topics like Ball mill,star rollers,press so that all the informations or photos for each tool will get in one topic and no in many topics for the same tool.

For example Ball mill topics are many.

• 2 weeks later...
May I suggest some way to mark things that are traded already then if a person cannot do so themselves? This is also something that would be nice in the Agora. You never know what is and isn't still available since once posted, that is that. Just an idea.

May I suggest some way to mark things that are traded already then if a person cannot do so themselves? This is also something that would be nice in the Agora. You never know what is and isn't still available since once posted, that is that. Just an idea.

Sorry, I can't add to the Agora posting.

-dag

I've been playing with the idea of opening the Agora back up to replies. There was a justification for the way it is when it was first established. The inability to reply does have it's downfalls in many ways. I've had this in mind on and off for a year or two.

PyroGeorge, we'll take that into consideration as well. There are reasons to have it both ways. I am all for having the similar topics discussed in one thread. However things as complex as ball mills have a lot of sub areas like motors, jars, media, run times, etc. Combining everyone into one can eventually get a bit intimidating. Take a look at the Potassium (per)chlorate thread in the chemistry section for instance. It's one of my favorite threads here, and extremely valuable, but it would definitely be a little intimidating if I had not been here for the entire evolution of it. Perhaps a sticky or something linking to the best threads on certain aspects could be established. I'd however like to avoid going back and retro-editing and merging several threads into one to maintain some continuity.

• 1 month later...
I noticed the 'Today's active content' link is gone from the top right of the forum, with only the 'View new content' link remaining. Can we get both links back? The new content link seems not to display half of the threads that have been updated that day.

That'll have to wait until the upgrade is done, Nighthawk, sorry. :)

But all I do is copy the link code already in the template to another spot. That... really can't affect how it displays threads for the day though. o.O

I noticed the 'Today's active content' link is gone from the top right of the forum, with only the 'View new content' link remaining. Can we get both links back? The new content link seems not to display half of the threads that have been updated that day.

That'll have to wait until the upgrade is done, Nighthawk, sorry. :)

But all I do is copy the link code already in the template to another spot. That... really can't affect how it displays threads for the day though. o.O

Ohhhh, Kaaaaayy, how do we see the new content then?

-dag

There is a link above the "start new topic" button. There is a small orange image next to it that looks similar to the one generally used for RSS feeds.

There is a link above the "start new topic" button. There is a small orange image next to it that looks similar to the one generally used for RSS feeds.

Yup, I see that but the other one is missing, the one that had all the unread ones. It looks like I can only get 10 or so new topics and everyday, even the unviewed ones disappear....

-dag

Yup, I see that but the other one is missing, the one that had all the unread ones. It looks like I can only get 10 or so new topics and everyday, even the unviewed ones disappear....

-dag

This should be a temporary fix: http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

I still had the old link in my favorites bar.

The link that was removed from the top, is simply the URL in the link on the main page, near the bottom, that says "Today's Active Content", as shown in this screenshot:

Capture.PNG

As NHIL noted, that's http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

I'll sort that out after the upgrade to the new version.

• 4 weeks later...

The link that was removed from the top, is simply the URL in the link on the main page, near the bottom, that says "Today's Active Content", as shown in this screenshot:

post-45-0-46878900-1336099812_thumb.png

As NHIL noted, that's http://www.amateurpy...earch&do=active

I'll sort that out after the upgrade to the new version.

Well, I'm new and cannot start a new topic here, so here goes a question:

Why are my end caps failing on salute inserts on a 70/30 *fine flash powder mix?. I used a 1" ID spiral wound tube w/commercial end caps, those failed so I reinforced with 2, those failed as well so I finally decided to use a 2-part wood epoxy in addition to glued end plugs...and that failed as well. I get a nice flash without using titanium but muffled reports.

Is my flash mix just extremely potent, or are my containment methods improper?.

TY in advance for any assistance!.