APC Forum

Clarifications

Mumbles

All devices of spinning preformance attached to a stationary object are permitted. The component rule does not apply here. IE. You can have unlimited drivers, lances, gerb and what not.

I have the same question.

Mumbles- when you said all devices attached to a stationary device are permitted what about the ones that aren't. Is there some that are permitted and if there is which ones.

Good point about Girandolas. Should they be grouped with Aerial's or Wheels, or made into their own category? I suspect we won't get many girandola entries.

M

The thing is we can't have a competition for everything under the sun. There is no competition of space for girandolas. That I know of, there has only been 1 girandola made by a member of the forum in all of it's existance. If you guys actually show you are interested in them, and post them elsewhere, perhaps there could be one for the next set of competitions. The 5 entry thing pretty much kills it off the bat at the moment.

• 1 year later...

Interesting - not atall bad for a first attempt!

I noticed there was a delay between the quickmatch igniting and the drivers igniting. Is there any reason you didn't pipe quickmatch directly into the drivers?

hmm yes I put a piece of visco into the drivers and connect with my homemade maskingtape QM, I find it rather difficult to put the QM directly into the nozzle.

I might make a bigger one with more drivers and reports (and make sure they don't fall off), but I have to wait 'till we're going to our holiday house, where there aren't many houses and people.

Girandolas have a mind of their own. I'd suggest staying off of reports until you can reliably get them into the air. Attach some dummy shells or something first. The 2nd attempt is a bit early to be attaching salutes.

Jim Biersach wrote a minigirandola article a few years ago. It's recently been converted to a passfire article. Might be worth a look. Essentially it's an icecream bucket bottom with some class C rockets attached, sticks removed of course. I could probably get a scan for you if you'd like.

Sure! I used no tutorial, so it was a bit of a guess. But next time I will use superglue and a stronger string.

But I think you're right about the report, I'll just put some more drivers on.