APC Forum

Rules

Mumbles

Starting over sounds like a good plan. Maybe some subcategories based on shell and mine sizes, hard to put 2" or 3" up against 6" or larger... shells.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• TheSidewinder

• mormanman

• marks265

Any ideas on this Mumbles and Sidewinder?

A new competition and start date would be nice, especailly as summer is arriving and there should be a lot of great work made and displayed by the members.

Could a NEW competition be started?

• 2 months later...
Ive been reading these posts on Competitions, but am uncertain when they end. Would it be reasonable to say the end of July so that everyone has a chance to do their shoot on the 4th. Also how do aerial shells get catorgorized? Is their separate judging for different sizes?

They were supposed to end several years ago. It's all a matter of when we can get it all taken care of. It is going to be a mess this first time, as half the videos are probably not working anymore. We used to have a filehost here several years ago, that a lot of people had their files in. It got disabled because people were abusing it. It may have actually eventually been deleted, as I wasn't thinking about the competitions at the time. I think I have a backup though.

Shells were designed to be judged in a few categories. Maybe something like 3" and under, 4 and 5", and then 6" and up. It's obviously not fair to judge some of the 8 and 10" shells we have here with 3" single break canisters.

Stay tuned for a little bit, we may have something in the works.

All the files that were uploaded via the old filehost program are still there. I took great pains to get them sorted out from the spam files that people put there, and then queried the database to change the links people had used, to substitute the new Domain into the existing URL.

One thing that stuck out in my mind, for example, were a few pictures of someone's front door. And it looked to be in some foreign country, given the surroundings. WTF?!? :blink:

Anyway.... all links to them in our old posts *should* still work. If anyone finds a link that doesn't, PLEASE let me know.

• 4 years later...

So it's almost about 5 years since there has been any clarification or update in this thread. I thought I saw stuff elsewhere in the past few years. So what is really going on with this. Is this a dead issue? How about an update on what is happening with the competitions? Just for old times sake! :P

Mark