• Please log in to reply
4742 replies to this topic

#4741 WSM

WSM

Firebreather

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:04 AM

A while ago I made a note of something Swede had posted about the rate of acid dosing. Adding 0.057 mL of 32% HCl per amp per hour with the HCl volume cut by 33% after crystals form seemed to be the ideal rate for him. Is this a good rule of thumb to go by? It's those numbers that also led to my believing that I wasn't adding enough HCl to my chlorate cell. I'm also wondering now, how susceptible is this rate to the cell temperature?

I believe it is, and a good starting point. Remember, if you dilute the acid, increase the volume by that same amount.

If you drop the acid to 8% (1/4 of full concentration), multiply the volume by 4 and see if that works for you.

WSM B)

Edited by WSM, 20 August 2017 - 03:06 AM.

#4742 Arthur

Arthur

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

In the HOT chlorate cell process the acid is added to the chloride solution added to keep the volume constant, by dip tube to the bottom of the cell.

#4743 PTFE

PTFE

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Elektrochemistry, high voltage stuff

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:59 AM

Okay I will put one on order when I get paid and we will see where I am at when it is connected...
Thanks again WSM

hey guys.. after a little Break I'm back with an other run of a quick and dirty 10l Cell@125A.

Pictures will come thursday or friday when everything is finished :)

Since my last visit many things where written here, so i give them a read in the next time.

now, to give you some help with your current-meter if its not too late:

The Values for the shunt and the decimal place are normally set by jumpers and/or Potentiometers beneath the cover of the front, so you might take a look.

greetings, PTFE

edit1

Did you get any salt creep coming through in between the boro. glass and the PTFE tubing?

Hey kevin. Sorry for my late response.

I never had any salt creep around the tube.

Also you have to fill the tube up with water, to get a better Heat conductivity, this will stop any electrolyte or Salt crystals from entering your sensortube.

Edited by PTFE, 21 August 2017 - 04:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users