APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Well hello... I'm Frogy and I'm from Ohio, USA...

I'm an amateur pyro at the moment trying to work my way up... I've gone through much of the basics now and so I'm moving onto headers on rockets, shells, and such...

I started off with KNO3 smoke mix a few years ago with my dad, but not until recently have I bought a stash of kno3, made a ball mill, and stocked up on all the other various pyro chemicals to have a good time...

"I'll be here all week",

Dave

Hi y'all. Im Andyboy and I'm a recovering pyroholic, and I know that the first step is admitting to it.

I live in a small desolate place called Sweden. I've been out of pyro for a long time but I'm back in the game as they say. Hopefully I will frequent this board as much as I want to but probably not since I have to many other responsibilities to take care of, will try to help out if I can. Can't say that I'm very experienced but I've done some rockets and firecrackers. :D

Thanks for everything rooster, couldn't have started up again if it wasn't for you. Made a press from one of the plates you gave me, will make one for you with the other one if you want me to.

That's all for now, we will be seeing each other out on the board, and what a fine board it appears to be.

Dont believe Andyboys words, he's got more practical experience than most of us, was a mod on the old board, and the best pyro web site I have seen to this date. Hope you will be coming back, Andy, and if anything happens, please come to me with the stuff before burning it;)

Would love to see some more vids from you, and see you test the different stuff I gave you. Lots of fun to be made;) Hope you got the mill up and running, it should be quite effective... Good luck!

Welcome back andyboy. Most likely you don't remember me as i got involved with pyro right about the time you got out of it. But i've read your posts on the old APC board. Very informative. I hope to seeing some footage of your pyro in the future :) .

Cheers

Won't be burning any stuff that isn't designated for it and I will never quit again if I can help it (except if I loose a limb or something like that), I love it to much :D

You might be giving me a bit to much credit since I feel that I've forgotten quite a bit since last although I still have some tricks up my sleeve ^_^

I remember you Pretty green flame, I've been lurking the board now and then since everything got back to "normal" in my life. Been watching you guys learning more and going beyond most, if not all, the stuff I made back in the days.

Its nice to see you here andyboy, I also remember reading your posts on the old forum. I think you left before I even joined though. I'm glad your getting back into it, thats awesome.

Hi all,

From Manitoba,Canada...land of temperature extremes... +35C in summer and -40C in winter. Been doing pyro for about 1-1/2 years.

I like aerial shells the best.Currently shooting mostly 1" cylinder shells and experimenting with 3" cylinders. Might try and start making ball shells this (long) winter.

Also started recently experimenting with wheels. I'll be lighting my second wheel as well as some other stuff this weekend...probably last "show" until next year. Hopefully get some good film footage!

Always learning from here and sometimes adding some of my own ideas and experiences.

• 1 month later...

Hey My name is Oskar... yeah its with a K and so what? lol....

I live in France speek polish, English and french fluently... (By the way if you need my polish to speek to keten for sum chem info i will do it gladly).

Been into chemistry for about 2 years and into pyro for about 1 year...

hello everyone, name's jason, i've been a a pyroholic for about 6 years now, and i've reciently began building shells.

came here via the advise of a member of another forum and i must say i'm impressed already with what i see. hoping to learn more about shell building then who knows...

only made five 3 inch shells so far so i'll appologise in advance for a few noob questions i'll be asking.

glad to find a place where my questions can be awnsered without "violationg forum rules" like other sites i frequent.

anywho nice to be here, hope to learn lots...

ST1DinOH

EDIT:

for thoes not familiar with me here's some shows i've had a hand in

^lol, i broadcasted myself

and this one is a colaboration between me and 2 of my pyro buddies (prodigiatl and sfx-oh from pyro u)

http://fireworks.agprojects.net/st1dinoh/July%201%202006.wmv

^300 people, kegs, full bar, good times.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

New member from South Texas.

Interested in pyro since I was old enough to figure out matches and a lighter.

Now that I'm taking some college chem (pre-pharmacy requirements) everything makes more sense.

Since I am a poor broke college guy, I will be reading as much info as I can and slowly building up my collection of knowledge.

Since I live in an apartment and the wife has put her foot down on some of my more *ahem* problematic interests, I will have to be content with living vicariously through you guys until I get a little ranch somewhere.

Umm, names Jack.

Fairly young, although i don't do any of the "kewl" stuff kids my age usually do, I'm obsessed with saftey in pyro.

I fit into the "anarcho punk" genre, even when i try not to be, i have 2 loves in life; Government and pyro. Its an odd mix but I'm obsessed with using Anarchy as a transition period between what we have now to a Lazziur-Faire (I can't spell that).

I'm almost racist against racist, so expect me to go off if you discriminate against race OR sex.

Yeahhh. Cheers.

hmmm.... well my name is mike and i am 12 years old and i live on the eastern sea board US

and ive been into pyro for bout a year. i am also into biology... i want to be a surgeon

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks Randall here, an older dude who's been a hobbiest for quite

awhile. Not doing too much right now, but I still lurk around, checking out

diffrent comps and ideas.

This a pretty nice forum. I'm also a guitarist and composer of blues/rock/jazz music.

I'm presently trying to get a small business going with my home-built cnc router.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I don't know where to put my contribution to the Info Pool. Posting a new topic seems to be disabled for me.

Rocket Manual for Amateurs - Capt. Bertrand R. Brinley (1960). OCR by Enkidu

http://www.4shared.com/file/33112942/371b3...ley__1960_.html

Calculating the Center of Pressure of a Model Rocket TIR33- Barrowman, James (1970). OCR by Enkidu.

http://www.4shared.com/file/33112606/5f467...mes__1970_.html

Backyard Ballistics - Gurstelle, William (2001)

Bottle Rocket Handbook - Singleton, Leo (2001)

Elementary Mathematics of Model Rocket Flight - Cannon, Robert (1970)

Rocket Basics A Guide to Solid Propellant Rocketry - Thiokol

Spin Stabilized Rockets - Williams, Klofkorn, Harrison (2002)

http://www.4shared.com/file/33108644/87f919ee/Rocket.html

Would an admin or mod please contact me?

===

Edit in response to Sidewinder: I thought that this post would be as good an introduction to my persona as any - it shows willingness to contribute and addresses (in a civil manner) the fact that I can't get a response from Mumbles or Al. (Killing two birds with one stone, as they say.)

I have read the sticky in the Rules section; in fact, I read it long before I made a post on this board. There is no mention of the fact that posting a new topic is forbidden for those who have no posts. I surmised that it had something to do with keeping kewls from posting new threads, keeping spambots away, etc.

In summary, your post was not constructive in the least. :)

Let this addition to my post give you yet more incite into my character.

Edit #2: Fixed links.

Welcome to the forum, Enkidu, but this is a personal intro thread. Keep posts or replies on topic, please.

And just FYI, if you'd read the stickies about the rules you'd know why you can't just start posting right away after joining.

It's to prevent spam bots, and it's worked amazingly well! :D

M

If you sent me a PM I never got it. I looked through my last 3 months worth of them to find nothing. It's possible it was accidentally deleted if I thought I replied to you. If I did this I apologise. Please resend it.

To be fair, it is not explicity stated anywhere clearly about the no starting threads on the first post thing. It is buried in the "goodbye spammers" thread on the 4th page. Give the quantity of inquiries I get about this I am currently working on an FAQ, which clearly includes this. I may also edit the rules to say something to the same effect. Sidewinder, I believe you have access to the admin/mod section where you can see it. If not, let me know and I'll give you access.

As far as the info pool. It does not exist, and is unlikely to be reopened. It was a lot of hassle, and wasn't going along with the direction the board was evolving. There were other extenuating circumstances as well, but I won't go into them.

Mumbles - I have sent another PM. Please send me a PM if you don't get this one.

Too bad about the Info Pool. I love libraries. :)

Mumbles,

I don't have Admin Panel access on this forum. I'll PM you. I'd be happy to contribute up the FAQ.

Enkidu......

*shrug*

Your first post didn't say anything about who you ARE.

It said only what publications you had for the Info Pool. I didn't infer anything beyond that. And, the links you provided are corrupt. So there was no way for anyone to SEE if what you were offering were good publications (probable) or bad ones (possible, and there are a LOT of bad ones).

BTW, the links still don't work, you have 3 periods (...) in each link instead of correct path info.

And as regards the no-first-posting rule, I'll be sure and help Mumbles make the FAQ crystal clear on that issue, as well as others.

Back to the topic at-hand......

M

Hello Professional, Amature, and enthusiast's.

My name is Justin, I am 22 - and i am a n00b.

Have always been fascinated by pyrotechnics & chemistry.

Looking forward to put in my contributions / other forms of my .02

ya for pyrotechnics ! :D

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself...

Soo, my name is Alexander, I'm 16 years old, Bulgarian. I've been practicing pyrotechnics for 6 months. My first steps were flash powder and smoke bombs, later I made black powder, fountains, rockets and salutes. Pyro is not principal hobby, I'm also in PC hardware, modding, video games, biking and others.

I prefer pyro than HE. What I like the most in pyro, is the bright fire :) ,

Hi....

steve from Australia

Lic. pyrotechnician, run courses here, import/sales.

Licenced for special effects (liquid/solid fuel etd)

Lic HE Explosives.

Look forward to reading and contributing to the forum.

Welcome mate, great to have another Aussie on the forum and a licensed at that.