APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hiya this is Tom. Ive been in real pyro for about a year and a half, and Ive loved fireworks my entire life. Other than pyro, i rock climb, and hike lots, and get really shitfaced with my friends and wander around in abandonded building and tunnels. Oh, and I live in mormonville--aka Utah USA. Im not mormon so its lame :(

Anywho.... +1

:)

/AV/

• 1 month later...

Heh heh gotta add to this stuff- even if iam a tad late. Well im just another 17 yr old guy, my name is Wei, i live somewhere in the UK(wanna try guessin where?).

Been into pyre for since i remeber but only started making devices about 3 years ago.

Other than pyro im into cycling, gaming, music, badminton, and used to have a shitload of carnivorous plants (long story!). drawing and meeting new people i guess.

if anyone is real keen on talkin then my msn addy is thunderbolt9000@hotmail.com. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

hello and greetings. My handle is moonshot and its good to talk to people that have pyrotechnics as a hobby.

I have been folloing this forum for awhile and hope that I can contribute some of the things I have learned about the pyrotechnic arts.

For the last two years I have been perfecting the art of building small scale hand built sky rockets using cheap,readily avalable materials. Most notably the brown paper grocery bag.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone. I'm from the midwest and I've been involved with display pyro for about 5 years. Just now found this forum and I look forward to learning and sharing. Great forum from what I've seen so far!

Hello, As you can see from my name I am a total amateur, but I am not here to be a "cool pyro" I want to learn about this art as much as I can!

Ill try not to ask stupid questions, but I may end up doing so once in a while...

• 2 weeks later...

I'll keep my name as pa_pyro for now(Betcha can't guess where I'm from ;) ) I'm 14 and have been into pyro for about 1 1/2 to 2 years. I started out with smoke mix and kno3/sugar "rockets"(kn3 and sugar wrapped in foil that had a tendency to spin on the ground...my end burning bp rockets of today work much better ;) )Now I've advanced into small shells, rockets, fountains, etc. I've only made a few HE's(NC, NS, not sure if Mn2O7 counts, and im shying away from AP[too sensitive]).

Other hobbies: into marching band, jazz band, and im going into drum and bugle corpes this year(percussion)

I'm going into chemistry next year(sophomore, I Couldn't take chem this year have to take biology 1st :angry: )

My name's Eric and I live in Houston, Texas. I've been interested in pyro stuff ever since my uncle showed me how to dis-assembly roman candles and make rocket heading for estes rocket engines. I had to be 14 at the time. Every now and then I stuck some BP in a fax paper tube to blow up, just did that kind of stuff for a few years.

Then I got married......no more pyro. (bitchy wife voice) "You're going to blow yourself up and I won't have that stuff in the garage, do you want the FBI staking out the house? huh? is that what you want? Mr. I can blow stuff up?" :angry:

So now I'm 34, divorced and have all the chem's and paper tubes I want in the garage and shed out back. My favorite time of year is New Years or the 4th when I pack up all my gear and head to my uncle's place in Mississippi. 75 acres of trees and clearings. It's great to make something, walk right out of the barn and shoot it! My uncle says I'm now his favorite nephew. B)

• Like 1

My name is Jordan, I am from small New Zealand, which can be annoying because it's harder to get pyro chemicals, but police don't really care about backyard pyros. I am 14 and have been making pyro thing for a year and a bit, latest achievments have been explosive baloons, yes they are simple and easy to make and requires little skill and intelligence, but that's sort of the point. I am waiting for november the 5th, which is guy fawkes over here.

And then I will make some more 'interesting' devices with gunpowder and fireworks (improvised of course.)

That's about all really.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I'm styropyro and i have been in pyro for about 3 years, and I am just starting to get experienced in it. I started out with the basic KNO3 + sugar smoke bombs and my so called "black powder" which was so crappy that I had to use the weight of the shell in black powder to get to an acceptable break height, but now I use willow charcoal (and a ballmill lol) to make it so its better now. My hobbies are pyro (obviously), chemistry, camping/hiking, spud guns, and pretty much anything in the science feild. And shadopyro, funny story I had a TON of carnivorous plants too, but something killed them all :( . (I wonder if it was the creek water I was using to water them thinking that it was pure...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello , I am a spanish boy (22 years old) , interested in pyrotecnics , for two months , when i discover the amateur Pyrotecnics, but since i can remenber i liked pyrotechnics and all related to it .

I have a ball mill , make by me , that i finished yesterday.

I have been doing some things as fountains , black powder and a few more "easy" things, allways with safety and responsability.

I have a lot of desires of learn about pyrotechnics.

Greatings Whitewolf_573

My Name is Peter Lives in Sweden, being in to pyro about 1 year.

Iam 23 years old. I like evrything that makes noise, other hobbies is shooting guns and rifles, hunting, fishing, motorcross, tuning cars etc

• 2 months later...

Hi,

My name's Mike, I live in the U.K. I'm 14 years old and been into pyro for about 2 years now. Started out with weedkiller and sugar and now I'm making things like Fountains, Rockets, Roman Candles etc. and I'm completely hooked!

Other hobbies include Aikido, Karate, Iaido and Kyusho.

Merry Christmas everyone!

All the Best,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

Let me introduce myself.

I'm a dude from Holland.

I love pyro (who doesn't)

Since Holland is a crappy place to live for the die-hard pyro-fan, i'm searching my ass off to get my supplies. No good luck so far..

I've made a couple of starmines, shells and fountains and one 54shots cakebox. Here is a 2" shell of mine:

Beside doin' stuff with fire, I like to animate, make video's, listen to music (rock, DnB, blues and more) smoke pot to get as high as a rocket, play some guitar and hang with my friends..

Well..

That would it be for so far.

Cheers!

Hi everyone!

My name's Johannes (19) and i'm from Sweden.

I've been doing pyrotechnics for about two years now and

i'm studying chemistry at the university.

Awesome forum!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all .Im brand new here, and a member of another forum (ukps) and thought i'd say hello :D .

now down business! Im glad that their are people out there that are dedicated to development/research/art and the craft of firework making and pleased to be a member of this elite club of amature pyrotechnicians.

special thanx to:

richard h(ukps founder)

and all others at the ukps, as well as this forum for giving all of us aspiring pyro's(and pro's) some were to go

thank you . dean

• 1 month later...

hello

I'm Theren

I live in the USA, I did Civil War reanactments and "smelt the smoke" so I started this a little and it gradually grew to this forum.

Right now I'm trying to make a good fountain but I have very little money so its hard.

Hello fellow-pyros!

I'm from the Netherlands. (Yes, I can almost hear you think about windmills, tulips, woodshoes, weed and the Amsterdam redlight disctrict) :P

Unfortunately it's hard being an amateur pyro here in this free country as it is illegal (resulting in very limmited resourses). Nevertheless I got infected with the pyro virus and try to master the art of fire.

Usually I'll be a bit quiet as I'm more a reader then a poster but if I can add something usefull I'll try. My experience: some nice small calibre shells, mines and cakes (all <3")

• 2 weeks later...

Well hello.

So as you can guess, Im new here.

But not new to the world of pyrotechnics.

Eversince i was 7 i built all kinds of silly stuff...

But i hope to expand my so called wisdom, and learn things, Especially on the Rocketery forum.

Oh yes... cplmac, is - the one.

I guess i am the only one from Israel here...

Well, I hope I'll have a good time here.

Thankies, Roy.

Nope, there are a few other israelis here.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finally got around to introduce myself. Im from Scandinavia and the "Land of the Midnight sun".

Older than most, and have like many "smelt the smoke" at young age.

My primary interest in pyrotechnics is rockets, started out with KNSU and ended up with BP (for now).

Mainly the motors go into model rockets, all self made and totally unreliable if the wind is strong.....

But every now and then I roll a few stars, put them on a motor in a ball shell and light the sky!

Ok, more often than I like to think, since this hobby is not well liked (and borderlining illegal :( ) where I come from.

And I like beer, Harley's and diving.

Hey, names Jason (duh?). I'm 17 and got into pyro about 1 year ago, but havn't even attempted to build anything until recently.

If you don't see me posting much its because i've been reading these boards and soaking up everything I can, and anything I don't remember I go back and read.

Anyways, stay safe have fun.

• 1 month later...

I'm Chris from Michigan (USA), 21, and been into small scale shellbuiding for about 3-4 years (lighting consumer fireworks *with enthusiasm* since as far back as I can remember). I think I was a member of the old forums, but not a regular...

I tend to stick with 1.75" (consumer size) and smaller, just because they are cheap to make and I'm trying to pay for college here.

Anyway, here's a funny little tidbit: I have a pyrex beaker for measuring liquids (usually acetone for NC laquer) in the garage, and my mom saw it the other day and was pissed because she though it was her "good" beaker. Then she took it inside and washed it, after which she realise that the sticker was still on it, meaning that it wasn't hers. Needless to say I thanked her for doing my dishes for me :).

my name is nathanial, i am 2o yrs old i have been on many forums and have been playing with matches since i was a child. these last few years i have been in and out of pyro. i live in idaho and thats about all there is to say about me. oh yeah i am kinda a legend 'round these parts.

• 1 month later...

Tyneman here from Holland.

Been doing small pyro-thingys for over ten years now. Never done any big stuff. Thats mostly because I live in the middle of the city with no car or place to shoot nicer things.

My main interests are making different compositions and colours. Also I am pretty interested in the HE side of pyro life. Mainly it is really interesting from my chemical background, and because it's still fun even when making small quantities.

Allso I moderate at a dutch pyro-forum. Met some people who were here allso on the board and ICQ. So decided to sign up here.

That's all the rambling from this mad mouth.

Stay safe!

Gr33tZ