APC Forum

Fuse water proof PVC composition.

kleberrios

• 4 weeks later...

Sondre, I just tried the plastic wrap fuse and it gets two thumbs up. I had my doubts but when I started stretching it reached 4' and was a consistent 3mm fuse.

This gives me a few ideas, maybe home made crackle fuse, glitter fuse, color fuse.

Yes I know they can be purchased but this will allow me to make some effects and colors which can't be bought.

Thanks for sharing this, Jason.

Edited by NeighborJ
  • Like 1

Sondre, I just tried the plastic wrap fuse and it gets two thumbs up. I had my doubts but when I started stretching it reached 4' and was a consistent 3mm fuse.

This gives me a few ideas, maybe home made crackle fuse, glitter fuse, color fuse.

Yes I know they can be purchased but this will allow me to make some effects and colors which can't be bought.

Thanks for sharing this, Jason.

But instead of just rolling it with my hand i just do that in the begining then i flip the whole thing and press it down to the table while i roll. then i get a better fuse. and keep it round when streatching or it will just be a flat bad fuse.

Is that regular food wrap or is it the stretch wrap for shipping?

I used the cheapo $1 store plastic food wrap. This method burns more consistent than anything else I've tried and is so simple.
  • Like 1

I used the cheapo $1 store plastic food wrap. This method burns more consistent than anything else I've tried and is so simple.

Yes its very similar to visco fuse if u ask me.

Just had to try some glitter comp fuse. It worked well, even in the wind. I used meal D in gold tremalon to keep it fluffy enough to work into a fuse. Burns slow, about 10 seconds an inch. Would make a neat sparkler.

• Like 1