APC Forum

my euro fireworks tell me what u think

pyrotaco

Sorry, I was trying to stay Pyro related. 💣✴

I've got an older 82A1 that I can only afford to shoot on special occasions at my uncle's farm.

I have a friend that has one, when there were rumors of them being banned in the state he worked every hour of overtime he could snag until he had the cash to buy one outright... I have never taken him up on the offer but he said anytime I want to shoot it, I just have to pay the days range fee and buy my own ammo... The biggest problem is only one range in the area will allow it, but you have to call ahead and get 'pre-approved' to show up with it, and they base that on how busy they are at the moment, apparently they claim it's a distraction to the rest of the shooters on the range :unsure: so it's a logistic hassle to schedule a time... Not enough vacant land around here to use it on private property without getting the slew of complaints resulting in the obligatory law enforcement 'hassle'... OK not much of a hassle but it is annoying to have a train of county police pull up your driveway, been there and done that a few times at my mom's place already just shooting my pistols... Apparently the new 'yuppie' neighborhood about a mile down the road from my moms place has a few residents who barricade themselves in their basements and call 911 when they hear even distant gunfire... Since it's happened a few times now, the county sheriffs are good natured and laugh about it, but per department policy if anyone reports gunfire they have to dispatch something like three patrol cars to check it out, so even they get annoyed... I can technically and legally shoot firearms on my own property, but we live across the street from gated retirement community, so I have never pushed it beyond a few plinks here and there for nuisance animals...

Apparently the new 'yuppie' neighborhood about a mile down the road from my moms place has a few residents who barricade themselves in their basements and call 911 when they hear even distant gunfire... Since it's happened a few times now, the county sheriffs are good natured and laugh about it, but per department policy if anyone reports gunfire they have to dispatch something like three patrol cars to check it out, so even they get annoyed... I can technically and legally shoot firearms on my own property, but we live across the street from gated retirement community, so I have never pushed it beyond a few plinks here and there for nuisance animals...

I'd probably load up the largest gun i got, and shoot a few rounds every day. Once the cops stop show up, switch it up with another gun added to the mix, and over again. Sooner or later the "yuppies" will figure it out. Gunfire just doesn't mean "they are shooting at me." but it might take a while.

Dispatch, and the patrolling officers might think it is boring, they will probably learn to prioritize quite soon. Or, just give them your number, so they can call you and check up, to see if they need to be fast with the response, or it they can take their time. Offer to put some coffee on the hotplate, perhaps?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At my place if I do ever push the issue and decide to go shoot some more, I plan on calling the county sheriffs office in advance to give them the heads up... The main reason I don't shoot on my property right now is that the land is flat and I really don't have a proper backstop to shoot into, in contrast to my mothers house where there is a nice berm and dedicated shooting range as my father in law is hobbyist 'cowboy action shooter' so it's convenient to do it there... The reason he probably never has issues is he loads very weak loads into his revolvers since it's more 'trick' shooting, the report difference between one of his 45 long soft loads and a 9mm, 40 or 45 ACP is drastic...

I had contacted an in ground pool company a few years ago that was looking for locations to dump clay from pool installs, they took my number and never called me back and I never pursued it further, too busy with other things...