APC Forum

Best glue gun

insutama

Very nice lloyd that must have been quite enjoyable working in the same field as your hobby.

Whats your magazine ?

My magazine is a built-to purpose sheet metal structure on a concrete slab. I only have need to store a maximum of around 500lb, so it's physically small. I didn't need a Conex container for the sort of work I do. My 'box' is a frame structure about 8' x 6', covered in 5-vee tin and roof, elevated above our very wet soil about 8" on a concrete base. 'Standard double-hasp, hooded, double-locked arrangement.

I have clearance for 10000lb, but no need. So, no need to 'complicate things'.

Lloyd

• 4 weeks later...

Personally not a fan of using the hot glue around any live compositions but, just the same it can save a lot of time over traditional glues, in many applications... I also use them quite often when designing custom electronics to pot parts or just hold things together...

I honestly love the cheap guns you get at Walmart, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ad-Tech-Glue-Gun-Dual-Temp-Full-40w/17404363

I like the more 'professional' style tip vs what you see on most other low end guns, and the price is right so I can have a half dozen of them loaded with different types and colors of glues while sharing the same removable cord so the work area is not cluttered...

For glue, I get colored sticks in bulk, just because I like the look of the different colors vs the same old waxy look of traditional hot glue... I also always have some 'high bond' professional grade amber colored glue sticks on hand, when I need a better bond...

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have sat on this subject for 2 years while I have been on a "lets buy a house and sell the old one" hiatus.

Based on what I have seen work well and what I have seen go up in smoke after days of continuous use in hot weather and at PGI, I suggest the Surebonder HE-750 hot glue gun (corded) or the PRO2- cordless line for Millwalkie/Dewalt/Makita batteries. Encases ceramic heaters dont spark when they die, they just die.

Surebonder 701 Fast Set Packaging Adhesive is my FAV hot glue stick, a #25 box runs about $200 shipped.

The HE-750 gun has replaceable tips, I extended one to almost 2" to get in deep inside a tube. It would be hard to find this good of a gun for $25 elsewhere.