APC Forum

Veline

Lrsnsam

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the veline firework kit.

1) what are the best colors

2) do you mix the comps in a ball mill

3) how do you handle potassium dichromate

4) what do you think of the 'super prime'

5) if I do use a ball mill, is lead media okay?

Edited by Lrsnsam

Bob's colors are all pretty good, except for the blue. They are NOT intended to be ball-milled; if you need to mill anything, do it with individual chemicals before mixing.

Some people mill-in potassium dichromate. I choose not to. Instead, I make up a saturated solution of it, and use that solution as the 'wetting water'.

Eh... 'superprime' is - eh - OK... I like my own "pinball prime" (It'll light a chromed pinball <grin>).

Lloyd

Bob's colors are all pretty good, except for the blue. They are NOT intended to be ball-milled; if you need to mill anything, do it with individual chemicals before mixing.

Some people mill-in potassium dichromate. I choose not to. Instead, I make up a saturated solution of it, and use that solution as the 'wetting water'.

Eh... 'superprime' is - eh - OK... I like my own "pinball prime" (It'll light a chromed pinball <grin>).

Lloyd

Just like Ned Gorski does it?

Ive been pretty happy with the veline stars. I decided not to deal with the potassium dichromate due to little ones who are way to curious being around. I leave it out and add a bit of silicon in the prime and have no issues. My next batch im going to experiment with just single step priming them with fencepost prime.

David