APC Forum

Timed reports

Lrsnsam

Hello all, I'm going to start trying to make timed report shells. Does anyone know a good source to get the cap plugs? Also, any suggestions on making these canister shells? What do you guys like to use for the reports? Could I use flash for the reports or is there something better. Thanks.

post-19001-0-51981900-1497251969_thumb.jpeg

These are what my comet to report inserts look like. The tubes are 1/2"id by 2" long. I used waterglass on the tubes to help with fireproofing then pressed in a half inch by 1/8" thick disc in the end with my timefuse, used woodglue to hold it all together. Then added 5 grams of flash to the tube and woodglued the comets in the end. To see how they work I have a topic titled "small inserts" in this same forum topic.

Hello all, I'm going to start trying to make timed report shells. Does anyone know a good source to get the cap plugs? Also, any suggestions on making these canister shells? What do you guys like to use for the reports? Could I use flash for the reports or is there something better. Thanks.

I was TR's supplier for cap plugs, you have to buy 50,000 of them at one time to make the minimum order so I stopped doing so. Sadly, Cap Plugs offer a 1" Cap Plug for $0.27 each while nine ran about $0.02 each!

I have a quote request in for my caps again, maybe the world is ready for another 50,000?

Yes, 1" which will not take 1g of flash...

You NEED 1.5" to get enough flash, just ask TR.

In fact, I found my old sale prices, about 0.036 each...

I am holding the old prices of $36.00 for 1000pcs delivered or $61.00 for 2000pcs delivered via USPS Priority Mail, 2-3 day delivery. Boxes of 5000 are also available for $130.00 shipped.

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/7916-yellow-cap-plugs-now-for-sale/?do=findComment&comment=103688

Heh! This has _nothing_ to do with cap plugs, but today I got a promo from Amazon, and 2N2222 transistors (the 'staple' transistor of experimenters) were on sale for only 6-cents each in bags of 100! I hate to say I'm this old, but I remember when they were well-over a buck each!

Lloyd