APC Forum

Salute Insert Comps

MeowMix

I want to move up to larger shells then what I'm making already (3-4"). I wanted to make a 5" canister with salute inserts, but I am not comfortable using 70/30 flash at my current level of experience.

Are there any other comps that may work in small 1/2" ID tubes? I apologize if there have been discussions about this before, I couldn't manage to find any. If there has been, feel free to link it :3

• Like 1

Sorry but flash is the best way to go, try to find someone to hookup with and show you the ropes if possible on that one. I did mean to say 'best way' though, I can't find where but I remember a few mentions of using granulated BP, possibly dusted with aluminum. Stay safe!

Actually 70/30 is already the safest.

Next step would be using plain BP, but this is impractical at that size.

For my salutes Ive used blue Al, regular 7/3 and I think it might be called Chinese flash or something like that , I belive it was either perchlorate or nitrate and sulfur I believe , which was a bit more stable and in a confined space gave a nice bang even at .5 grams but when it burned in the open it burned like mid grade bp.

~Steven