• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

Haha I just made these last weekend and came back today to find out why neither of mine were proucing any color. Glad to find out it's not just me.

#22 lloyd

lloyd

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

It's definitely not "just you" -- but then, a lot of folks have mistaken a (basically white) strobe for a color star, because there were colored stars added in that demonstration effect.

Eh... the absence of any chlorine donor is sort-of a 'giveaway' of how they'll perform.

Lloyd

• Ubehage likes this

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

#23 mabuse00

mabuse00

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

Pirotex tricked us ;)

#24 OldMarine

OldMarine

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Interests:Interests? Everything interesting!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

I'm going to try cutting some tiny rubber stars and prime them with screen mixed BP. Those are fairly slow burning so maybe they'll make it out of the tube along with the sparky ones.
Come on! Name one other hobby in which you cheer as your money and hard work go up in smoke!

#25 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

You don't necessarily need slow burning stars if you have a slow burning prime.  

Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#26 OldMarine

OldMarine

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

Glusatz? Hehe...

Come on! Name one other hobby in which you cheer as your money and hard work go up in smoke!

#27 lloyd

lloyd

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

With Glusatz, they'd probably make pretty "ground ornaments"! 

I guess... if you had a hot prime under it, and a thin-enough layer, Glusatz would work for that.

It's certainly slow!

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

#28 OldMarine

OldMarine

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

I made some up after reading Danny Creagan's article and put it in a 5" tube with a first increment of BP. I connected that end to a 5000 round roll of crackers and left it behind my ex's burn pit before leaving. She later told me they almost jumped out of their skin when it went off after I'd been gone for quite a while!

#29 FlaMtnBkr

FlaMtnBkr

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:53 AM

In HS I would do something similar and light a cigarette and then push the skinny visco from a pack of firecrackers thru the middle and out the other side down by the filter. I had the timing down fairly well and it seems like it took about 5 minutes to light the pack of firecrackers.

I got into a lot of mischief this way. It was entertaining being able to sit close by and watch the ruckus while being an innocent bystander in a spot where I couldn't possibly be suspected.

A 16 pack of crackers wouldn't do any permanent damage or even make much of a mess but sure were loud in a bathroom during the break between classes. Once there was the vise principal, dean, and football coach all talking and standing 5 feet from the door when they went off.

They ran into an empty bathroom and came out shaking their heads and visibly upset they didn't catch the perpetrator. All while me and 2 friends that I invited over with a "hey, watch this", sat on a bench 25 feet away trying not to fall off it while concealing as much laughter as possible.

Oh the joys of a misspent youth! At least I wasn't flushing M80s and doing real damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users