APC Forum

experimental tooling

calebkessinger

This is headed out to a customer tomorrow. Hopefully he shares his results!

4lb with an 8in. tube.

1488238630138-766534299.jpg

• Like 1

You betcha. I've already mixed up the sali and benzo for testing and my wife gave me the nod to quit my job and spend time with Sali. I may wait a week to buy some extra 4# tubes. I HATE night turn, I'm not able to launch anything because I'm working 7-10s and did I mention I HATE it.

That tooling should keep me busy for a while. Thanks again Caleb.

No Jim is to busy playing with his flashlight.
  • Like 1

Lol.. Those were def impressive lights. It helped me find a 6" color n report shell in pinch black.

They are certainly bright. I know the value of a good flashlight, they are as valuable as gold to a pipefitter/welder.

I can't wait to pick up the tooling at the post office tomorrow. I gave my two weeks notice at work and have two other good job offers for daylight shift. I think my priority are in order if I take a few weeks off to tinker with the tooling and rebuild my pyro shed. I can't wait.

If you are going whistle dont skip on Potassium Perchlorate.I got some Perchlorate from Tim and i made a 9/16" X 3" screamin Serpent yesterday and my ears are still ringing. Pure versus Chinese makes difference.

Edited by dynomike1

I have hi purity perc from 4 different sources but none of it is Swedish or Spanish. I'm sure I'll be going thru a lot of perc with this tooling so I'm open to other suppliers. I'm not sure who Tim is. I'd love to try types other than Chinese and American.

By the way Caleb, I was able to pick up the new tooling at the post office today, Beautiful. The new base looks just as sturdy as the old one and it will fit in my vice a bit more snug than the round ones. Now that's a spindle, I'm a little scared of it. I'll be hiding in a bunker the first time I lit one of those off.

If you have got the pure stuff you should be ok I pressed mine with a wooden dowel in a Go getter support. Sorry i couldn't remember the co. earlier but it was Pyrochemsource .

Yup,got some, I believe they get it from barium chemical (American perc).

The Caleb bunny came pre Easter and helped fill some voids in the tool box today with some small star plates for the arbor press.

post-20389-0-62155900-1488840916_thumb.jpg

My face just turned green

They look pretty professional Caleb ,how much you charge for a set of those ?