APC Forum

What is your favorite glitter?

NeighborJ

I have a list of glitters which, in my mind, are the best ones I've tested. The top 3 are all slightly modified formulas which I've experimented with:

#1-W20 strobe I love this one because during the burst it makes a perfect glitter and once it slows down it erupts into brilliant yellow strobes.

#2-Lloyds Buttered Popcorn glitter, I modified it by subbing the 325Al for a 80/20 mix of 200mesh mg/al and Alcoa 120 AL. This star is almost a dead ringer to Pyrotex's sodium nitrate glitter.

#3-D1 only slightly modified with 20% of the 325 AL replaced with Alcoa 120.

And of coarse there are others which should make my top 3 but not everyone gets to be on the podium. So I'm just curious what are your glitter favorites and what have you done to modify them?

• 2 weeks later...

How come there are no videos? N-1 with 120 Alcoa

I figured there wasn't any responses so no-one likes glitters. I've got some D1 drying as we speak and some 3" popcorn and w20 strobe shells leftover from NYE. I'm working 7-10s night turn now so unless I set them off at 5am it's not quite possible. This work stuff is really cutting into my pyro schedule, I need to do something about that.

I know what you mean. By late March my Pyro will be shut down till Fall.