APC Forum

Rolled stars vs pressed

Fotia

I wouldn't say that pumped stars cannot or lack the ability to be made into color changing stars. If anything they should be slightly better than even cut stars, and the Japanese have proven time and time again over the last several decades that cut stars are acceptable cores. Sure, they're not ideal, but no one will argue that. The "trick" tends to be to have a core that over powers whatever is rolled over them. It's easy for a bright core to kind of bleach out a glitter or streamer rolled over them. Typically they're only cores.

As Lloyd pointed out, a married comet orientation can approximate color changing stars. When made properly cavity stars or comets approximate color changing star as well, typically utilizing the same principle where the cavity or core overpowers the main comet comp.

• Like 1

I love the dynamics of threads... Lloyd you coming to this month's meeting?

PS great job guys to sticking on topic as the guy who started is on another topic!! LOL

Any how Lloyd have you ever heard of married comets being made with a star plate and if so how is the process done?

To be clear i wasn't agreeing to this part of the statement, only the batch sizes. I really cant see how pumpkin color changing stars could be that hard.

"...but these stars (like mentioned many times across this thread) lack the ability to be able to be made into color changing stars."