84 replies to this topic

#81 Fotia

Fotia

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Pyro (well duh), guns (pneumatic as well as regular, & lasers

Posted Yesterday, 05:46 PM

Very cool. I'll have to contact them & put it on my calendar.

#82 Boophoenix

Boophoenix

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:59 PM

The state law here in TN to become a licensed shooter requires three shoots per discipline ( outdoor display, close prox, flame effect ) for each you want to apply for along with a test. You'll also get a background check I think. I haven't committed the rest to memory, but it's $300 per two years and renewing may be cheaper. You will be required to have an 8 hour continuing education class to keep the license current.

In state the lead shooter can sign off on shows out of state they want the AHJ to do so. I'm fighting this battle now as it looks like I have to go get my license soon. I want all three and am 1 show short on close prox ( fixing to cover that one though ) and one or two short on flame effects depending of if one guy will sign off within the state. Having done quite a few out of state oldly enough no one is showing much interest in helping with the information for the out of state shoots. So I'm gonna have to get with some licensed friends and have them do some shoots in to get my qualifications. The guys I'm currently shooting with if I get the flame effect I'll be the only one with that license.

So if you happen to start to shoot any shows with the intention of getting a license you may want to have a copy of this form with you when you go and work a site. Even if you're unsure go ahead and do it. I didn't have plans when I first started working commercial shows. It's taken them two year of nagging to get me to give in. We'll need licensed guys if this all works out anyway to be able to have any live materials at a site if I read the laws correctly. Even if we don't it'll be handy if you wanna pursue more of the shooting side.

https://www.tn.gov/a...OperatorApp.pdf

Correction to above fees: Looks like it's a $100 per or $200 max meaning one free if you get all three.

I should probably add don't plan to much on suplimemting your pyro funds shooting shows. Most of us do it more for the fun of it then the money.

#83 Boophoenix

Boophoenix

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:08 PM

I was asked earlier about further details of what the plan might be. So let's start some feedback on this.

My first idea is and will be the 25th for a date. I'm kind of thinking start around 10ish or so. Seems early doesn't it? I figured that would give us time to speak to each other a little before we sit down and start putting ideas on the table. Then we can have lunch and get down to business. That would allow for anyone who might not be able to make the earlier time to make it while letting us discuss some things and get people's wheels turning along with getting to know each other some.

The best I can tell only about half of the interested people have met anyone else who is interested. This scenario I would think would hopefully make things easier and provide some getting to know each other time before we have an official start. We have a few from other forums, a few who aren't active participants, and a few people I know and we've discussed doing this prior and never took the leap.

#84 Fotia

Fotia

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Pyro (well duh), guns (pneumatic as well as regular, & lasers

Posted Yesterday, 07:14 PM

10 a.m. Nashville time? As I & a few others are 1 hour ahead.

#85 Boophoenix

Boophoenix

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 PM

Yes Fotia. 10am Nashville is what I was thinking. Which is 10 CMT. With the meet and greet part being first that would give you a 2 + hour window from east TN to arrive before we got down to the nitty gritty. I kind of feel since most of us don't know each other a little familiarity prior might increase the efficiency after lunch and allow those not planning to stay over night time to get back home at a respectable hour. Not that we have an ending time, but I'd guess we could only sit around talking just so much, lol,

Here's a pretty good read with some information that is pertinent to us. I don't have any details of either of the clubs mentioned in the article which makes me a little reluctant to post this. I don't wanna give anyone the impression I know or have any opinion over the events described. I have always heard good things about both groups. The important information is about forming a club and things to consider as a club.

http://pyrotechnicmagazine.com/?p=1317

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mumbles