APC Forum

Minature display

Fotia

I'm just started on an unlimited data plan so I'll try to put up a video soon just to see how it goes.

Hygroscopic BP residue would be my biggest concern, not lift forces. You can always try to preserve them. They're cheap enough to discard every once in a while though. The water glass and calcium chloride treatment would be a quick way to start. Pyrocreations does sell little pre-made 1" cardboard mortars if you're interested. http://www.pyrocreations.com/mortar-racks/mortar-1-inch.html They look to just be their normal 1" x 4" tubes stuck onto a base.

For a more permanent mortar, you could look into HDPE. This size of HDPE is often only available on a roll, but sticks might be available. The rolls can also be straightened in short lengths by inserting a dowel into them and allowing them to relax back straight. I've heard putting them in the sun can help. There used to be some places that sold smaller ones like 1" or 1.2", but I am unable to find any in stock at the moment. Pyrodirect has 1.2" and 1.5" listed, but out of stock. Platte River Fireworks has 1.5" and looks to be in stock, but nothing smaller. It also never hurts to e-mail and ask about smaller sizes. It may be available, but just not common enough to warrant keeping in stock.

Kyle has a project on PF that used PVC and with this tiny lift and no salutes sounds safe enough.

I see you found a use for the foil tape. Those tiny plastic shells work good for bottle rocket headers as well. Let's see a video.

Working on it. Gotta make up a bunch more without "testing" them all this time!

I needed a laugh and these little jewels provided it!

• 1 year later...