APC Forum

Where to buy good charcoal

Tim1877

Awww, don't worry about it B, according to our president elect the whole thing with global warming is made up so it's a mute point. Apparently for some reason people seem to think pollution equates to less fuel consumption but no it refers to harmful contaminants being released into the environment. You can have a very fuel efficient vehicle but it polutes and you can have a gas hogg make less harmful emitions.

There are different kinds of environmental hazards, for sure. The lead in dragon egg's keep making the biggest impact on the news after newyear every year around here. But that said, lead has been prohibited in fireworks, in any kind, over the last 10 years, at least. So exactly where it comes from, is anyone's guess, really. Can the BP be ball milled with lead, and be the culprit, instead of the dragon eggs? (The dragon eggs are just blamed, no testing done, i'm quite sure current stock isn't lead-based.)

Anyway, my "real" point before was the fact that wood fire, regardless of kind, is supposedly environmental friendly, in that it smokes, and produces a bunch of gasses, but nothing that hasn't been in the eco system, moving about freely, over the last 100 years or so already. It's not considered "bad", as such. However, it can still cause smog, and unbearable living-conditions. If someone is worried about the first kind, then go with retort, or TLUD, whichever is easiest for you to knock together. If it's the second... Really? Fireworks?the smoke from making the charcoal is (without a doubt) the least of our worries.

We all have to pick our fights, of course. I try to stay away from stuff that ends up on the ground in large, not biodegradable chunks. So, fiberglass reinforced tape is a no no, as is plastic hemies, and packaging tape. But after that... Screw the polar-bears. I like the summer more then the winter anyway,

B!