• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pyroman2498

pyroman2498

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry(PhD) ,physics, and the Art and beauty of pyrotechnics

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:07 PM

So im in need of a firing system to lug around with me to all the different shows im going to going to in the next few months. Im not looking to have somthing i can shoot a musical on , just somthing that will suit me wel when its needed.

Water resistance would be nice since weather here is never predictable

Not $600 as i dont have a bunch of money to blow as i have no stable income (Pyro is my only job ATM ) 

I have thought about the cobra but cant see spending that much money on it at the moment 

here is what i am looking at 

http://remotefirings...-firing-system/

http://remotefirings...-firing-system/

the 12 cue is great but the only down side is it has no weather protection.

32 cue is great , it has weather protection and a nice seahorse case but its almost $350 with the charger. 

If anyone has any more they would like to suggest im up for it 

~Steven 

NO MAN LEFT BEHIND

​The Origins of "Stay Green" - http://www.fireworks.../green-man.html

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards". ~Shane Patton 

"I Think We Can Go So Far With This World And Make The Sky Our Piece Of Paper" ~Steven.T  "

~"As common as the reaction that produces a proton and electron out of thin air is, it wont be happening here" ~Mumbles

MAPAG member as of 7/25/14

Got mom to be certified pyrotechnician(Again) as of 7/30/14

#2 OldMarine

OldMarine

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • Interests:Interests? Everything interesting!

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:46 AM

I have a cheap Chinese 12 que unit that has 3 separate units. I just put them in a Ziploc baggie if the weather looks iffy. I only do backyard shoots so it serves me well.
  • pyronoob likes this
Come on! Name one other hobby in which you cheer as your money and hard work go up in smoke!

#3 pyrokid

pyrokid

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Pyro, soccer, guitar.

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

What capacity will the system be used in? Real pyro companies spend many thousands of dollars on their firing equipment, and the lack of fail-safe measures, redundancy, and component durability present in cheaper options represents a real liability when shooting displays professionally. 

#4 asdercks

asdercks

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

Rfremotech.com has some units you might want to check out

To become a fireworker, you need five alements...

1. The talent of an artist.   2. The hand of a sculptor.   3. The heart of a poet.   4. The eye of a painter. 

5. The courage of a warrior.  -passfire movie.

#5 vendrite

vendrite

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:28 AM

So I've got the remote firing system E 32 and love it.  Its all I need for my backyard shows. Dewey is helpful, accessible and just a good guy to deal with.

#6 Limpy

Limpy

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

You could go with the 12 cue, and buy a Seahorse case to put it in. It should run maybe 35 bucks shipped to you. Just get the one with the foam, and then all you have to do is figure out a way to get the antenna to the outside of the box. 

Edited by Limpy, 17 December 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#7 Arthur

Arthur

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:55 AM

I've used "Kingdom" 20 channel radio remotes for shows but they don't work scripted shows to music, nothing cheap does because they usually have a 500 -700milli second firing delay. However they do work well for non scripted displays.

For fully scripted shows I use Fire By Wire -a UK product with designer and launcher software to provide music and synchronised cues. Not cheap but good. www.firebywire.co.uk 

#8 vendrite

vendrite

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:29 AM

Pyroman, It sounds like you'd be happy with a 32 que unit from remotefiring systems that you posted.  Dewey is good to answer your questions and the unit is easy to use.  The "e" has a port for external 24 volt use. The 32e is what I have and what I'd suggest.  Joe

#9 Boophoenix

Boophoenix

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

If funds are tight you might think about the insurance of upgrading the case to a pelican or flame resident covers for the seahorse. The seahorse seem fairly prone to melting. I've not experienced it yet but have seen a fair amount of Cobra modules melted in one.

#10 pyroman2498

pyroman2498

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry(PhD) ,physics, and the Art and beauty of pyrotechnics

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

Nooo... not the cobras ;)

NO MAN LEFT BEHIND

​The Origins of "Stay Green" - http://www.fireworks.../green-man.html

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards". ~Shane Patton 

"I Think We Can Go So Far With This World And Make The Sky Our Piece Of Paper" ~Steven.T  "

~"As common as the reaction that produces a proton and electron out of thin air is, it wont be happening here" ~Mumbles

MAPAG member as of 7/25/14

Got mom to be certified pyrotechnician(Again) as of 7/30/14

#11 Arthur

Arthur

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

100m of 8 core alarm cable will let you matrix to 16 cues with 16 diodes -should be no more than £100 $125. 100m of nice flexible YY cable would be much easier to handle but a little more expensive. I really do like wire!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users