APC Forum

in need of a bit of help

pyroman2498

Hi Guys

Im trying to get locally licence to shoot and be an assistant pyrotechnition

here is the web site, i am confused about allot of what is on there and exactly what its asking for

http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Fire_Safety_Programs/Default.aspx?field1=1.3g_Pyrotechnic_License_-_Assistant&user=Pyrotechnic_License_Information&sub=1_3g

so here is states this

• ATF License number (Individual/Employer) and expiration date
  • ATF Clearance verification (FEDERAL REGULATIONS REGARDING RESPONSIBLE PARTIES REQUIRE ALL 1.3 LICENSED PYROTECHNIC OPERATORS AND ASSISTANTS TO HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) A BATFE LICENSE OR PERMIT, (B) A LETTER OF CLEARANCE AND AN "EXPERIENCE AFFIDAVIT FROM THE LICENSE HOLDER UNDERWHICH YOU ARE CONTRACTED OR EMPLOYED, © AN EMPLOYEE POSSESSOR QUESTIONNAIRE AND AN "EXPERIENCE AFFIDAVIT" FROM THE LICENSE HOLDER UNDER WHICH YOU ARE CONTRACTED OR EMPLOYED.) LICENSES RECEIVED BY PROVIDING AN "EMPLOYEE POSSESSOR QUESTIONAIRE" WILL RESULT IN A SIX MONTH REVIEW OF THE LICENSE UNITL DOCUMENTATION FROM THE BATFE IS RECEIVED. THE LICENSED OPERATOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING DOCUMENTATION OF THEIR LETTER OF CLEARANCE UPON RECEIPT.

1. I dont have a ATF license and i dont have access to my "Employer's " License # either at the time of writing this

2. Do i just submit the Employee Possessor as the questionnaire ? I have filled out 2 Possessor forms for 2 companys i have agreed to do shows with , 1 i got all the info for ( its an out of state Company ) and i the second one i havent been able to get much info out of them.

That looks like what the employer has to have. I believe i would start with a ATF Handler or Manufacture lic., and go from there. That should eliminate some of that stuff.

Edited by dynomike1

I agree with Dynomike, I had a conversation with JoeyZ about 3months ago about this very topic. He puts on professional displays and often needs to hire temporary help for the shows. He said that he needs to coach the applicants about how to fill out the application questionnaire. It should be the responsibility of the employer to ensure you have the proper info. Unfortunately we have not heard from him in a while so it appears that resource is dried up.

My employer has told me they will fill out the rest , they sent me all the things i need for them and told me what to fill out ,

now its just a waiting game

~Steven

Sounds like you are going through them to get your Atf. That could be tough.

If i do remember correctly , you have to be 21 to get a Type 54 User and or manufacturing licence and im only just 18.

I could be wrong about this but i think i have to be under the company's licence till i turn 21 than i can get my Display operators licence and Get a type 54 Etc.