APC Forum

Electric sieve

kleberrios

Good Nashville music! I'll have to re-watch to catch the rest!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I missed it. Says it's private now.

Hi.Sorry, It is public now

Could you explain the theory here? Are you removing the aluminum oxide from the aluminum powder you have made and shown in previous videos?

Is this just a screening/sieving process? What mesh screen? How do you get only aluminum oxide out the bottom and separated from the good aluminum powder? I would think the oxide would be a coating on the aluminum so has it somehow been removed? If it's a big mix of the 2, I can't imagine a mechanical process separating them unless they have very different particle sizes.

Thanks for any info you can shed on the process!!

Do you develop all your own process? Do you make or modify most of your equipment or does another company make them built for these exact purposes?

Thanks and have a great weekend!!

The oxide I am removing is derived from an aggressive oxidation that Al suffered when it was wetted and pressed into bales without first drying out. When this happens a white powder appears on the surface of Al, which will corrode over and over, until all Al disappears and turns into oxide. The hammer mill plucked this oxide through the friction and separated the Al oxide. The oxide was also milled in a very fine mesh, around 200 mesh, and Al at 15 mesh. Then it becomes easy to separate them with a 60 mesh screen in the electric sieve. Some machines I built, this hammer mill is the Tiger brand, which I bought at a local junkyard, for $ 100. Its engine is 10 hp.

All Al has a thin layer of oxide on its surface, and when it is removed, after a few hours, it returns, and it is this layer that protects the Al from moderate chemical attacks, but when the attack is severe all Al becomes In oxide, is the case of caustic soda in contact with Al, which transforms it in minutes in Al hydroxide, releasing hydrogen, heat and water vapor in the reaction ... this method was me that developed through attempts, since , I could not lose a few hundred pounds of Al that had been stored for years ..

• 2 months later...
Damn that's bad ass!!! I need me one them screening machines!!! Make life a little easier!!