APC Forum

12" Bright Streamer from Do-It

AzoMittle

https://youtu.be/JZqNCIkaczc

http://i.imgur.com/cDWfswk.jpg

12" Double Petal Bright Streamer
----------------------------------
Outer Petal of 3/4" Spanish Gold Glitter to Titanium Bright Streamer with Crackle Cores

Inner Petal of 3/4" Spanish Gold Glitter to Aluminum Bright Streamer with Crackle Cores

Tail of Seven 2.5" Titanium Tiger Tail Comets

Thanks for the help!

Edited by AzoMittle
  • Like 3

Incredible professional shell! way out od Mt league. I do have a question about the Al. what is Ampal 611? No one seems to sell it.

Thank you everyone for the compliments, pretty darn amazing that it's possible to even be doing this.

Incredible professional shell! way out od Mt league. I do have a question about the Al. what is Ampal 611? No one seems to sell it.

I'm not sure where you saw that, I hadn't heard of Ampal until you mentioned it, it looks like only the manufacturer sells it. Woldman's Engineering Alloys lists the following:

AMPAL 611
Ampal, Inc
Sintered powder aluminum alloy; Al 99.7 min; Fe 0.16; Si 0.1.
Atomized aluminum powder meeting MIL-A-512-A Type III, Grade F, Class 6 specifications.
Used in the chemical and ordnance industries.

I used a combination of Firefly Flake Al, Alcoa 120, and the fine bright aluminum being sold by marks265 over in The Agora. Titanium was combo of titanium dihydride and marks265's titanium turnings.

The Ampal 611 came up in the tailed star thread.

You may be an "old" Marine but have dementia!

Nice shell . I'm glad we weren't the only 12" shell builders out there . Crossout had a Amazing shell of shells . And a triple petal ,we built a 12 triple petal, but stars where too close colored to tell outer from middle petal . Only blue inner showed . What a sweet event , and such skilled builders out there . Must say it had been the best year I have seen !!!

Nice shell . I'm glad we weren't the only 12" shell builders out there . Crossout had a Amazing shell of shells . And a triple petal ,we built a 12 triple petal, but stars where too close colored to tell outer from middle petal . Only blue inner showed . What a sweet event , and such skilled builders out there . Must say it had been the best year I have seen !!!

Me? :blink:

I am the one with dementia! I got the threads mixed up then I made the mistake of posting without my glasses. I do not intentionally insult anyone let alone someone who is a marine! I have nothing but respect for military folks and police. Very sorry for the typo. wearing my specs now. 😥