APC Forum

PGI 2016

dagabu

Well kids, I'm off (big surprise there!) to La Porte Indiana, the 26 yo moved in for the week to hold down the fort and mow the lawn (wishful thinking). Trailer is loaded, Pyro is coming in with my build buddy and the cooler is full of home brew!

gallery_9798_35_170173.jpg

Oh HECK NO! I don't light them, I watch them! LOL! I have about 200 rockets coming, few shells, anly small ones, was too busy with dolas, zips and the like this year. Next year, PGI is just up the road. It should be a very different year!

It would be nice if someone would take some good vid's and post them here too. There are really so much fireworks there, and almost never any vid's to watch.. It's a pity.

Unfortunately it's really expensive for me to come to the PGI. Flight tickets alone are >1500 euro.. Total bullshit :').. but it's still on the wish list.

Enjoy!

I agree, my wife made it my priority this year to take as many pictures and videos as I possibly could, I will be putting them on my Surface Pro and uploading them to YouTube as often as I can. It will take some time for me to go through the videos and get them online and linked to a PC so hang in there and be patient.

i am hoping to see lots of videos and pictures you take also. i can't make it work coming to pgi this year. i would love to go

memo

Edited by memo

I'm going next year even if I have to quit my job to do it. Ain't like it'd be the first time.
  • Like 1

1100+ miles is a bit far for my old Yoda to travel. May have to ship myself in a FedEx box if I go to Fargo. Edited by OldMarine

1100+ miles is a bit far for my old Yoda to travel. May have to ship myself in a FedEx box if I go to Fargo.

Dude, buy USA! My 200K GMC ain't askeered........ B) If you hafta go in a box just make sure it's properly marked (ORM - D). Maybe next year if you pull as far as SE WI we can pool the rest of the way..... (Bring good corn :whistle:)

Besides, Fargo is what folks out East say when they hear me talk and laugh..... (I didn't think it was that bad). :P Too bad though, LaPorte is much closer but time this year just doesn't allow.

/m

I will be managing a booth for Starr Fireworks in the Supply Building. Stop by and introduce yourself. I will buy you a beer later.

Dude, buy USA! My 200K GMC ain't askeered........ B) If you hafta go in a box just make sure it's properly marked (ORM - D). Maybe next year if you pull as far as SE WI we can pool the rest of the way..... (Bring good corn :whistle:)

Besides, Fargo is what folks out East say when they hear me talk and laugh..... (I didn't think it was that bad). :P Too bad though, LaPorte is much closer but time this year just doesn't allow.

/m

Midwestern english is American English. Everyone else just has an accent. Unless you're a yooper, then you have an accent :)

I am from Wisconsin as well, and am clearly not biased in the least. :)

My little Toyota has almost half a million miles on it and a resale value of 5k. It's a four banger, four wheeler with a five speed and knobby tires so would be an uncomfortable trip truck!

I'm a good 2000 miles from West Fargo; I don't mind the drive (little old honda civic myself) but the price of gas + membership + hotel + etc, would kill me. I swear to god I will make it out to PGI one of these years but unfortunately it won't be this year, and probably not next year. Y'all need to come out to the West Coast!

Looking forward to those videos and pictues! And not just the nighttime product shots, I'm curious what the whole shebang is like! Is the competition the focus of the event or is it more fraternal? How would you describe it?

I took some videos tonight. I'll try to upload some when I can find some wifi. I have both displays and competition stuff. J&M had a lot of nice product, especially the crossettes. Casabella did an Indiana themed show which was cool. I have the entire final song and finale taped, but it already got flagged for copyright infringement due to the music.

Best large cylinder was kind of disappointing to be honest. There were a lot of failures, and the winner wasn't really anything special. Aerial level 4 was great though and bodes really well for best large ball shell tomorrow. The rockets, as usual, were hit and miss. There was a 4 stage red hybrid rocket fired by a friend which was really spectacular. He got 4th place I think. The higher placing rockets were nice, and probably more elegant, but I don't think the judges fully appreciated the skill or difficulty, and he got robbed IMO.

I am taking a lot of pictures of the areas and what you can expect when you come to PGI. Manufacturing, sales, registration Etc.

It's difficult to take pictures that will capture the essence of what this week is about, if I could do that it would have a fine layer of Indiana dust covering everything! LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...