APC Forum

Ground Blooms For Inserts

OldMarine

Has anyone used the 1/2" consumer ground blooms for inserts in a cylinder heading? The burn time seems about right and I can fuse them with BM and BP butter for fast ignition.

Never tried it but I like the way you think. They should look like a very large fluttering color stars and maybe they will behave different without the ground to bounce off of.

I'm going to try them in a rocket heading so I can get them plenty high in case they don't burn as quickly as i'm thinking.

Many, many times. I like the twister sticks better as they make more sound but cutting the fuse off and buttering bees, flowers and twister sticks is a great way to pass the time in the winter.

This is my 4" shell going up at PGI full of twister sticks, just has to be filled with break and some cut stars.

gallery_9798_35_201908.jpg

Edited by dagabu

I can't even fix whatever happened there. :)

I'm torn between "It's so hard to find good help these days" and "some people cant be helped".

I wonder what pic he wanted to share.

B!

Haha lol sounds like a t-shirt.

(I may be a pyro but even I can't fix this.)🎆

I'm just wondering what twister six are. I've never seen them in the novelty stands in PA.

He was trying to show his twister stix inserts or his incomplete shell with them in it.

Trust me, I can fix it, I'm a PYRO!

If i had a buck for every-time someone said that to me, i'd be a millionaire. If i lost a buck of those, every-time someone said that to me, and proceeded on to screw up, i'd be living under a bridge, broke.

Stay safe ;- p

B!

Trust me, I can fix it, I'm a PYRO!

I've heard it many times in slightly different versions attributed to many sources.

I've simplified it for myself by calling it "Otto's Law": There is no problem in life too small that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives".

Sorta the same thing..... :D

Never seen the Twister Stix but I have several boxes vintage blooms that have been waiting for a great idea. Now I've got some direction. Thanks!

Dave, I'd say you're thinking way bigger than I was! I can fit 22 in an extended 3" cylinder.

post-20116-0-81190900-1469889930_thumb.jpg

There's only 10 in a ring in the pic but I can fit another after peeling the colored wrap from the blooms.

Okay, I've managed to fit 20 of the re-fused and primed blooms in a slightly elongated 3" cylinder. I don't really have room for anything but burst left in the shell but I'm afraid my MCRH may just blow the blooms blind. should I use another burst for this one?

post-20116-0-32851100-1470010068_thumb.jpg

should be cool, show a video

I think I'll have to test if I can't figure out how to burst it. I'm not taking an iffy shell to the boss' party. I'd never live it down.

Thanks Dave, couldn't get a reply on FW and was getting flustered.

Yeah, they generally don't like novelties at FW and PF, there are a lot of seasoned pyros and there whom have forgot their roots. ;)

I'll probably try to launch a test shell Friday so I know I'm not taking a flaming lawn dart to the party. Seems ad if it should work.

Hope this isn't too far swerving off topic but can anyone that knows a tried and true ground blooming flower comp share it please?

I mean them consumer ones gotta have some hot stuff in em fuzz I tried to make some with different colored fire comps and they wasn't hot enough to get spinning. So anyone can ya share?

I make them with colored gerb comp. You press in a clay plug, then comp to just past the halfway point of the tube. Press another clay bulkhead then drill your off-center nozzle just at the top of the initial clay plug. I made a tapered rammer to give a conical inner surface to that clay to slow tube burnout (same with saxons). The empty tube end somehow helps the spin but I don't know why. I've tried filling the entire tube and it was very erratic in it's hopping and spinning.