APC Forum

chlorate stars that contain Ti

WindowLicka

I'm not seeing any chlorate star compositions that contain titanium. Is there a reason for this?

As chlorate stars light so damn easy and I really like the Ti effect on most everything I use it in. But I'm only seeing Mg/Al or maybe aluminum by itself and have run into a No results on pyrodata.com when I searched for a star comp with both those two chemicals in it. Maybe I did something wrong. I'm gonna try again

I was able to find one, I'm not sure that it is a star mixture or not. It's kind of an odd formula so I'm not sure that it is even correct to begin with. It comes from this thread, which is giving me a connection error so I can't verify it. http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/482-deadfx-sparking-mixture-#1/?hl=%2Bdeadfx+%2Byellow

I have it copied down as "DeadFX's Yellow Sparks #1"

60...Potassium Chlorate
20...Titanium
2.5..Xanthan Gum
2.5..Guar Gum
15...Potassium Bitartrate

I always figured it was sort of a timing issue. By the time titanium scraps and material came onto the pyro market, perchlorate had already taken over. There's nothing that forbids them together. I'd be cautious adding friction sensitizing materials to some chlorate comps though.