APC Forum

Cylinder shells

Merlin

Does any one have ever seen a cylinder shell with a comet star on top? Is curious but I've been thinking about it the other day since the ball shell looks like its the only one that uses it. Any ideas? I don't know if it has to deal with the round shape of it or what but it would be very interesting to make one with comet on top just to try and see how it performs.

Nah... Hacker!

We see cylinder shells (and even multi-breaks) with rising effects all the time! It's NOT a traditional Italian or Maltese effect -- it's 'adopted' from the Japanese.

Folks in our guild make them frequently.

Lloyd

Nah... Hacker!

We see cylinder shells (and even multi-breaks) with rising effects all the time! It's NOT a traditional Italian or Maltese effect -- it's 'adopted' from the Japanese.

Folks in our guild make them frequently.

Lloyd

Ok but what I specifically mean is that haven't seen a picture of it no where. Something to see about it. There's always pictures of round shell with comets and stuff on top but no single picture of a cylinder shell with a comet on top. :( Have any?

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/3389-adding-tracerstails-to-cylinder-shells/?do=findComment&comment=46782

They're not as common as ball shells as you've found out. Most cylinder shells are top fused, though I'm not sure if the above post is. When building them properly, they tend to have a crown of paper around the spolette or fuse. Between the fuse and the crown, there isn't always a lot of real estate to add a comet. It can certainly be done of course. Smaller shells can get away with bottom fusing and may be better suited.

It also probably doesn't actually matter, but I'd feel more confident using a wet lift wrap or Jersey finish to complete the shells as opposed to a dry wrap. Something about covering the comet intended to be lit by the lift with paper seems counter productive. Additionally, the comet(s) may get in the way depending on how you do the dry wrap.

• Like 1