APC Forum

Red Cracker Snaps discussion

P0902157

Remember those red cracker snappers that are also know as pop pops or fuseless firecrackers, for a while they were hard to find and most likely only found online, but the good news is that in the 2015 4th of July and new year selling seasons they were made legal and started being sold at a lot of firework stands and some werehouses, so if you do find these poppers get them because they are really good

But are they as good as the first ones that made the rounds? Seemed like they were toned down a bit after the first year or two.

Still just as good, just lost the hype. Although some brands are better than others, HERCULES snaps by bigs have nearly 50% failure rate, whereas TORPEDOS by black cat, close to 100%

• 3 weeks later...
The torpedos from black cat is one of the best red cracker snaps in the market and is closer to the original pop pops

I like the Mandarin caps.

Those Black Cat Torpedoes definitely have a good crack to them. Wish I'd bought more.

I remember when they were first released. they had a lot more comp in them. each cracker would sound like a .22 being fired. they have definitely been toned down since. That said ive tried several different brands of snaps, pop pop, mandarin, mega snaps, monster snaps. All brands seem to be completely different in quality and reliability...

Coming up to LaPorte?

Wish I could. Joined late and didn't have enough time to plan. Boo might be going though...

Probably 3-4 different varieties now, I have pop-pops and another that are the very same thing with a new wrapper.

I love red cracker snaps no matter what brand its from, this is because there better then regular paper snappers and there closer to a regular firecracker

Those suckers are fun shot from a slingshot!

Those suckers are fun shot from a slingshot!

They also made fun (and challenging) air rifle targets at about 10-15 yards.

They also made fun (and challenging) air rifle targets at about 10-15 yards.

I'd not thought of that!

They also fit into the barrel of the Daisy pump rifles... my kids used to shoot them at each other, or the wall. They explode on impact.

Hmm they only sit on the end of my ol Daisy and two pump of air explode the cracker right away. I have about four diff brands right now and there are some differences but...pretty close overall. I burned my wife on the leg when I threw one a few feet from her....so they do have a bigger "danger" factor than I would have thought. I also find that the better brands will leave my ears ringing more than an unmuffeled .22 outside.

They would only fit in the end on their guns too, and it had to be the perfectly round ones. Some were just too big also.

They were able to get them to fire though..

Put them under toilet seat where the little bump is. Best to give em a couple wraps of tp so they don't sting your victim's ass...

Won't be long before someone gets shot in the eye or burn their butt with one and then the feds will ban those too! That is how thing get banned, by not using them as intented, someone will go just pass the limit of fun and hurt themself or someone else. Holding M-80 in the hand to throw and before you know it there goes a few fingers, oh but wait let's just dump one in the toilet what harm will that cause. 1966 no more M-80s................Pat

Won't be long before someone gets shot in the eye or burn their butt with one and then the feds will ban those too! That is how thing get banned, by not using them as intented, someone will go just pass the limit of fun and hurt themself or someone else. Holding M-80 in the hand to throw and before you know it there goes a few fingers, oh but wait let's just dump one in the toilet what harm will that cause. 1966 no more M-80s................Pat

Done and done! McDonalds and Culvers straws have a big ID and you can put a pop-pop in there and shoot them at your siblings... Both eyes and butts are already covered as were all sorts of living and nonliving things. They are adults, can't just take them away from them now. -_-

I hate those little things, too many irresponsible people using them in my experience.

HEY! You have your fun and I'll have mine! :D

• Like 1