APC Forum

Video Markup

TomasBrod

The image gallery displays videos with following markup:

<embed wmode="opaque" autoplay="true" showcontrols="true" showstatusbar="true" showtracker="true" src="http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/uploads/gallery/something.mp4" type="video/mp4" width="640" height="480"></embed>

It does not work. Only thing to make it work is to change the "embed" to "video".

<video wmode="opaque" autoplay="true" showcontrols="true" showstatusbar="true" showtracker="true" src="http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/uploads/gallery/something.mp4" type="video/mp4" width="640" height="480"></embed>

Or better yet (the embed is for compatibility):

<video autoplay="autoplay" controls="controls" width="640" height="480">
  <source type="video/mp4" src="http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/uploads/gallery/something.mp4"/>
  <embed wmode="opaque" autoplay="true" showcontrols="true" showstatusbar="true" showtracker="true" src="http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/uploads/gallery/something.mp4" type="video/mp4" width="640" height="480"></embed>
</video>

If the you are afraid of HTML5 elements, why using HTML5 DTD header?

Video element description on W3Schools

Or just include link to the actual video file. Not everyone is skilled to view source or open document inspector.

I don't really understand what you are getting at Tomas. Is it a complaint or just observation?

I use the gallery on this forum for inserting images - finally worked out how to do it, not that long ago. For Video I have a youtube channel and simply insert the link. Although, I guess it would be nice to be able to do it here as well.

YouTube has a bad habit of deleting fireworks videos. I like the idea of having a dedicated pyro place to post them.

Pyrobin is okay but nearly impossible to search.

YouTube has a bad habit of deleting fireworks videos. I like the idea of having a dedicated pyro place to post them.

In my own experience, You Tube will only delete videos that have complaints against them or do not meet their policy. I have a few hundred videos on my channel but only specific ones are public, most are private and You Tube will not delete them for obvious reasons.

Many of my videos are unpublished, meaning that you have to have the address to the video in order to see it. This is the method I use here for videos, I have never had one removed or deleted but I do pull the rights as I see fit.

https://youtu.be/jF8gZGushNY

• Like 1

I know someone who got a DMCA notice on a private YouTube video because there was music in the background that got faintly picked up by the camera. YouTube's copyright bots are ruthless. Many fireworks shows are choreographed and thus may be removed depending on the music used.

Every video I posted of our local city funded Independence Day display was deleted on music copyright basis. You only heard tiny snippets between booms.

It's funny that wannabe rappers can sample any song they want and put a whole mixtape up but..heaven forbid you accidentally catch a fraction of a song...

Where did you post them, Patrick?

I've posted twenty-minute vids of theme park shows we've done, with nary a complaint OR removal (over decades of doing it) due to Dopeyright issues!

LLoyd

I don't really understand what you are getting at Tomas. Is it a complaint or just observation?

I am reporting an issue.

The forum software uses wrong markup to render video files uploaded by members to gallery.

I am not sure if it is completly wrong, but it does not work in Firefox, (iceweasel) and Opera web browsers.

And I already proposed a solution to replace the HTML tag with another.

I know HTML and PHP and I just casualy inspected the page source and found the issue I am reporting here.

I now found a therad where it was discussed before without a resolution. Sorry for duplicate therads.

Ah, now I know where you're coming from Tomas - unfortunately I don't have a solution but hopefully someone does.

I've never posted a video into the media gallery on this forum. What's the issue? Does it work?, or are you just unhappy with the syntax used and issues with certain browsers? What is "wrong"? ie. It doesn't work properly, or wrong because it doesn't adhere to HTML5 standards or similar?

Do tell, because I'd rather post videos directly here than on youtube.

I can admit i am part of that reason , i get videos deleted that show the process of making Armstrong's mix or any video that portrays bad safety.

~Steven

I've never posted a video into the media gallery on this forum. What's the issue? Does it work?, or are you just unhappy with the syntax used and issues with certain browsers? What is "wrong"? ie. It doesn't work properly, or wrong because it doesn't adhere to HTML5 standards or similar?

Do tell, because I'd rather post videos directly here than on youtube.

It does not work for me and my Firefox browser on Linux (displays missing plugin, despite I have java and flash plugins working).

The "video" tag is standard way to embed video media into web page and is supported by all mayor browsers.

Current version of The Software uses "embed" tag for videos.

The embed tag is used to include external application or interactive plug-in eg: flash game. It might work on/in some browser and os combinations.

In my first post "Only thing to make it work", should be "One way to make it work".