APC Forum

small crossettes with great timing and burst

lloyd

I realize this thread is a bit old, and I understand you cant give out tool dimensions or anything but I was hoping you could say whether or not these were made with a shot?

That timing is insane..

Edited by MasterBlaster

MasterB, I do not believe a shot of any type was used in Lloyds, I'd think that would to counter productive in the commercial manufacturing industry.

Thanks for the reply, I was pretty intimidated by the shot's described in pyrotechnica but it makes me feel a whole lot better if these were made without them entirely

I'll try to remember to inquire the next time I speak to Lloyd to confirm my reply, but I'm fairly certain I'm correct.

I've made shots as described in Fulcanelli. They might look intimidating, but honestly they're not as bad as they seem and go pretty quick once you get in a rhythm. I do admit they can be rather annoying when working in pretty small sizes. You can do the rolling and punching ahead of time. It's easy work rolling up a whole bag of pre-rolled tubes while watching football indoors or something. This is the kind of thing that is good to do in the winter months or during unfavorable weather.

There is alternative method on rec.pyro by John Reilly. I reposted it here last year, with a link to the original conversation. http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/10645-round-shot-crossettes/?do=findComment&comment=142684

i ordered a 1" multi tooling pump set from woodysrocks. he spoke a lot about how lloyd has been pushing him to make square crusiforms for his crossette instead of rounded.. since lloyd never stoped talking about them i figured id give them a whirl.. they should be here in a few weeks for me to test out..

what is your process for making your crossettes with better precision? powder weight and consistent pressures with a press would be my first guess.

Hey.. I made that square crossette today.. Just the tip on the end mind you. The mill was still set up from cutting some for a plate I finished up last Friday. :) I'll get to the rest of the set hopefully Wed, and have it on the way. :)