APC Forum

Whistling Rocket explosion

benrenyi4

It wil not whistle. And you have a big chance that just blow up your rocket.Try to mix bp and whistle i used in the past 80/20 whistle bp.then put above your spindle your bp ore whistle mix this are power full rockets.
  • Like 1

My whistling rocket explosion occurred in the take-off time will it be and why?

Looking at the motor itself, I see that you have BP at the end, whistle in the middle and again, BP on top. The BP will take significantly longer to burn while the whistle will burn off almost immediately causing an over-pressure condition in the middle of the rocket motor exasperated by the back pressure from the BP above and below the whistle increment.

Also, as has been said, whistle depends on a solid column with no spindle hole. Too much surface area yields no tone.

Try the whistle on the bottom for a good boost of power, BP after that in the mid area and a solid column of whistle after the tip of the spindle for the audible tone.

For my mixed motors, my core is HOT BP. The delay is whistle. So I get a nice BP lift with a whistle. I prefer my HOT BP as the core. I like the way BP burns as opposed to whistle in the core. My 2c