APC Forum

2" Sunrise White stars

Maxim

Hey people, its me again, the russian guy.

Made a 2" shell with some "Sunrise Yellow" stars, but I changed NaNO3 to KNO3, so I call it "Sunrise White", because it burns white.

Burst charge: granulated alder BP + Thunder 1 flash powder.

Lift charge: 10% granulted alder BP.

• Like 3

That's a nice looking she'll! Looks difficult to make. All the canister shells I have are plastic. Just load and fuse and seal with methylene chloride and reinforce with fiberglass tape.

Actually its esy to make, the inner diameter of the shell is 38mm, takes 5 A4 paper straps to make the tube or the shell. or the fuse I use a 6 mm paper tube with BP pressed inside, on the photo you can see its inner construction, its written in russian, but its easy to understand, the red layer is the pressed BP, it end with a conus, so it still burns after the BP layer in burned to the other side, thats provides a good ignition of the black-match ( orange strips ). Blue is the tube of the fuse itself. The red fluffy stuff is the BP+ 5% Dex, I mixed it with water, nd put this on the ends of the BP layer and the black-match, that provides good ignition of the BP layer + no flash powder can get in through the black match side, I dont know how to call this mix of BP and Dex that is used for helping stuff ignite. In russian we call it "Подмазка" and it sounds like "Podmazka" with letter a like in the word "auto".

Also the black-match will be " Стопин " in russian, it sound like " Stopin" with letter I like in the word " pin"

Edited by Maxim
  • Like 1

I'm impressed both with your pyro skills your command of the English language!

He must be a Russian SPY! Here to steal our secrets, and use them as weapons against us! And i'm SWEDISH, so he's freaking next door. Shun him at once!

Actually... Hi there. Hard to tell the result from the video, put the shell looks carefully crafted, and you took the time to stabilize the layers of stars, which shows intent.

Next time add a big bright comet to the shell, so you (or who ever is filming it) can track it properly, and get a great shot of the break.

Good luck, stay safe.

B!

Actually he is a pretty bright kid.

Actually he is a pretty bright kid.

No idea, but his craftmanship is pretty damn good. Just a shame the video doesn't have a clean shot of the break.

B!

I have had a couple of discussions with him. He is 16 and has learned English on his own. He lives in Moscow.

I am a tea party Patriot, NRA, and support Cruz and Rubio. We have a "president" clearly working for America's enemies. However I have known a few Russians. Their people are people like us who want the same things. It is their government - Putin in particular who are hard core. They are influenced by a continuous stream of propaganda just as we are with our news media. They just don't have a choice to also have Fox and newsmax and conservative radio like us. If they did they could have a choice like us. Nevertheless there are good Russian people and I think when they participate in our APC forums we should encourage and welcome them. Let's remember our hobby is the expression of our declaration of independence! Edited by Merlin

The Russians nurse their babies with vodka, hence be beard at a young age.

If you think so, then you have a real problem with your brain.

Edited by Niladmirari

If you think so, then you have a real problem with your brain.

I think that was supposed to be a joke. If not you are right Nil.

No joke.

Sorry with all the tension between US and Russia I would expect a lot of people to be ticked at them. Maxim seems like a very intelligent kid but is heavily influenced but friendly

i don't give a damn what country you are from. if you share my love of pyro, you are my brother in at least one way. that said, i have followed niladmirari's shells and color formulas since i have been here and maxim clearly has skills and puts great time and effort into his work as eveidenced by the beautiful cylinder shell in this thread. whatever chunk of dirt they call home, they are my brothers and i will treat them as such. same goes for any of you that truly love the art and beauty of real pyrotechnics.

maxim, thank you for sharing your work. i look forward to see great things from you. be safe.

• Like 5

Amen

I am a tea party Patriot, NRA, and support Cruz and Rubio. We have a "president" clearly working for America's enemies. However I have known a few Russians. Their people are people like us who want the same things. It is their government - Putin in particular who are hard core. They are influenced by a continuous stream of propaganda just as we are with our news media. They just don't have a choice to also have Fox and newsmax and conservative radio like us. If they did they could have a choice like us. Nevertheless there are good Russian people and I think when they participate in our APC forums we should encourage and welcome them. Let's remember our hobby is the expression of our declaration of independence!

We should send them Rush Limbaugh and the Palin family! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Oo my God! What in the world did you just do to my hamble topic!:) ahaha
  • Like 1

That's a pretty impressive beard for a 16 year old.[/quote

Yeah, I know, some russians have fadt growing beards:?

That's a pretty impressive beard for a 16 year old.[/quote

Yeah, I know, some russians have fadt growing beards:)

Yeah, sorry about what happened to your topic. I don't mix pyro and politics. Congratulations on your shell, the craftsmanship is excellent.

• Like 1