• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Sparx88

Sparx88

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

I did say he was using too much. But your right about the packing thing. I was considering how lightweight golf balls are compared to a 2 pound lead ball. I have loaded powder in excess of that back in the day with small hdpe golf ball cannons to find the point of fail and never did until it was packed to the muzzle with 2 Oz.

But yah forget the whole thing about packing anything in there. No need to be wild and crazy like me doing dumb stuff like that. Dynomike knows his stuff about cannons.

Merlin

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:33 PM

dynomike1, on 28 Aug 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:snapback.png

Dam i only use 4oz. and that will shoot a 2lb. lead ball 1000yds. Spaarx you are giving bad advice, i have heard of people putting a wet paper towel in them and busting the barrel. there is no need putting anything in front or that ball. Both of you need to go here and read.
http://www.go2gbo.co...oast-artillery/

Your right. I knew of a couple deaths from overloading homade cannon but that liist is staggering. Seems home made metal cannons cause more death and injury than all of pyrotechics. Wonder they haven't been outlawed.

Yes, and that was said quite awhile ago now and I admitted fault and changed that. It was bad advice. I don't have any bad reputations or history of injury, death, damage, or the like associated with cannons or pyrotechnics. Call me lucky, careful  or whatever. I would like to see that list of home made cannon mishaps. Beings most cannons being used or produced at the sizes talked about here, small cannons, for blanks are made in someones home or garage/"shop" and sold with a disclaimer. Homemade is not a bad word as a lot of things we buy and use today started there.  Anybody reading this understand that I'm not minimizing research and safety, they are number 1, then you can move forward. But don't get discouraged when someone wants to depress your interests with fear or statistics because those numbers are created by the one's you don't want advice from anyway. Merlin, dynomike and a few others know what the deal is and give sound advice and I would trust them with my life as I already have taking advice from them and others concerning pyro and cannon use and creation.  :)

Edited by Sparx88, 05 December 2016 - 07:11 PM.

.
Finding solace and comfort on my path of pyrotechnic illumination and enlightenment. Painting the sky with strokes of vibrant anticipation and freedom. From spark to spark, the chain reaction of beauty and power that ignite the imaginations and inspirations of young and old alike.        -my pyro sparxs- 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users