APC Forum

Performance of different aluminium powders in flash

dangerousamateur

AND it's a EU manufacturer. Now i'm interested. I'll send them a mail this weekend, see if they can manage to ship out a few samples, and what sort of prices they run with.

B!

I don't know if I'd consider NitroParis a manufacturer exactly, probably more of an industrial supplier. They manufacture some items certainly, but chemicals are largely purchased in bulk and resold from what I'm familiar with. They may repackage and rebrand, but they're not running an aluminum stamp milling facility necessarily.

The pyro dark is probably imported indian blackhead, Pyro000, Dark000, whatever you want to call it. The super dark is probably an imported German blackhead like 5413-H or an equivalent. Personally, I can't functionally tell much of a difference between the two for flash powder and purchase whatever is cheaper.

I don't know if I'd consider NitroParis a manufacturer exactly, probably more of an industrial supplier.

Ah. Pretty much doesn't matter to me, but it might affect their willingness to ship me samples, regardless of how reasonable they are. Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

B!

Hmmm... I do this for a living, and don't know what "Super Dark" is. Can you state what/where/price-comparisons?

Lloyd

Just a name for selling a Product that performs good but isn't classified into one of the other categories or associated with a special manufacturer.

They are just common flash al grades.

And you wouldn't sell a Black 000 you got as surplus for half price as Black 000 on a better price. When you are out raise the price again. Safes discussions.

Edited by schroedinger

Indian is much darker then the German and there lots of opions going around with both.. Ill say this you cant go wrong with either..

I think that either type should be alright, but be careful with that stuff. It can really bite you back (especially with making flash powders of any type) if you aren't careful with it. I never made flash powder again after I first made a test 2g batch of it, and only 0.2g made a noticeable "THWUMP" sound. Scary stuff...