APC Forum

My 4th of July display (video)

braddsn

Hey guys, I finally got my vid edited and ready to go. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help getting me to this point. Thanks especially to Jopetes, Dynomike, Gregh and XP. Couldn't have done it without ya! It's hard to get an idea of how big the breaks were, but as a reference, my dad was 350 yds away and even some of the 3" breaks were outside of the field of view. Everything went great, and I learned a lot. Next year will be even bigger, and better!!! The sequence is: 3" shells from start to 7:20, then from 7:20 to 17:30 is all 4" shells, then from 22:40 on is 6" stuff. The finale is at 24:30. I set the video to some cool music. Enjoy!

Oh and, I am ALWAYS open to criticism, and any input for that matter. I want to improve until I can't improve any more. :)

Excellent work man! It all looked good to me. The flashes from those peanut shells sure shows really well on video.
  • Like 1

Very nice Brad. Great Job. I am really impressed with how you have picked this up. You have talent. (And a job that lets you build fireworks on the clock...)

Thanks for the compliments guys! Now I shall step it up for next year... :D

Looks like you are ready for canisters shells.
  • Like 1

When you go pro, I'll be one of your first employees. Hell I'm ready now!
  • Like 2

Do you have the original audio of the raw shells firing and breaking. I think the music took away from the shells IMO. You did a phenomenal job building those. Im impressed.

I wish I lived in the States........................Damn I like to make a show like yours................Looking good dude!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! Tyrone, I actually wanted to use the original audio... but the people behind the cam including my dad were loudly commenting between every shell.. and I felt it would have been annoying for folks. Lol. :)
  • Like 1

Good Work buddy!!! I truly enjoyed it!! I think its time to in vest in sum new toys!!! hehe You deserve it!!

Looks like you had several low breaks. Next time elimate the music unless it's playing in real time we like to hear the booms and crackles. Other than that the shells were outstanding how many years experience do you have ?

SideGlance, I have 10 months pyro experience. This was my first display and was put together in a matter of about 4 months. Many of these shells were built before I really knew what I was doing. Since then, I have perfected some things and improved some colors. Next year will be a different story. Out of 280 shells, I only had 2 low breaks, and zero flowerpots. More may have looked low to you because of where the camera was, but I assure you altitude was perfect on the rest of em. :) As for the music, see my post above. My dad and another guy were behind the camera, and they were overly excited about each and every shell (and they were very vocal about it... LOL) so I didn't want to annoy folks with the jibber jabber, so I dubbed it out and inserted a music track. Next year, you will certainly hear the shells.

My wife blabbered endlessly through my fireworks too... even telling everybody I would be mad because she talked so much (and much of it was out of focus too), but that didn't slow her down!

• Like 1

Yea Gregh i had the same problem to. My wife just cant get it right.

• Like 1

I know very little about wife's, but have you thought of replacing her with a simple tripod?

Well, just for the purpose of shooting the fireworks, not entirely. Sleeping with the tripod would soon get old.

But a wide angle shot, with a reasonable enough camera should yield working footage, even if some shells get out of focus, or even out of frame.

B!

Dam Brad i cant find the ghost shell anywhere on the video.

• Like 1

Awesome job man !! love the designs you have put into the shells its nice to change them put other then just a round break with a few colors.

let me know when your hiring. lol

• Like 1

SideGlance, I have 10 months pyro experience. This was my first display and was put together in a matter of about 4 months. Many of these shells were built before I really knew what I was doing. Since then, I have perfected some things and improved some colors. Next year will be a different story. Out of 280 shells, I only had 2 low breaks, and zero flowerpots. More may have looked low to you because of where the camera was, but I assure you altitude was perfect on the rest of em. :) As for the music, see my post above. My dad and another guy were behind the camera, and they were overly excited about each and every shell (and they were very vocal about it... LOL) so I didn't want to annoy folks with the jibber jabber, so I dubbed it out and inserted a music track. Next year, you will certainly hear the shells.

Haha now you gotta post the video with your dad and friend jabbering

• Like 1

I love it!!!

• Like 1