APC Forum

4th report and thanks to everyone

Merlin

Just got finished firing and not a single failure. 8oz rockets, mines, crossettes and a couple insert shells and 3 inch and 4 inch star shells. The 4 inchers were great! good burst patterns and some good patterns with the 3 inch. I will put up a example video when I get them transferred. The only problem was that on both the 3 and 4 inch shells I had some material reach the ground. The ground was soaked so no problem. Got to figure it out -wont work in dry conditions. The altitude seemed ok -dont think they should be higher. Maybe reduce star size but only a couple large .5 inch streamers reach the ground. I hope to use rolled stars next year I like them much better than cut. I really think it was paper or plastic debris. Gotta a whole year to figure it out now. Kinda sad it over. I am already thinking of 5 inch.

Anyway, I was new to all this 18 months ago and I can honestly say I couldnt have done it without the help I got on this forum! Many thanks.

• Like 1

Sounds great. And it is quite normal to have some material reach ground in your first shells, but that will go away with time (in commercial chinese shells i've got the impression that this seems to appear more often compared to a couple years ago).