APC Forum

Turquoise Peony

braddsn

4" Turquoise Peony. I pasted this shell this morning, so it wasn't dry yet. But I thought it turned out pretty good. This is the turquoise color from the Jopetes pdf. Break is boosted with 4g 35/35/30.

That shell was incredible. You should absolutely do a step by step tutorial of how you built it. The timing on the rising tail was near perfect. Im impressed.

Pretty nice shell. I see your remark about not being dry. It does help with the symmetry of the beak. It looked like some commercial shells though.

One thing is most all your stars looks very well sized except for a few that either burned out too fast or 1-2 lingering after burn-out. I too struggle with this even after many years of manufacture . It really comes to consistency and screening your stars during manufacture . Over or inconsistent priming can contribute to the "timing" of the star burn.

But as said above , ,,,,Well Done!!

Congratulations again, brad !, the rise time, opening force is perfect, the symmetry may improve a little more, but please allow me a suggestion; I do not see any sense to try a shell without being completely dry layers of paper, leave the time needed for the shell is completely dry, so you can see in detail how it will be the symmetry and the opening force and from there you can better see the flaws and where you can improve, I tell you with all my affection for you and the best intention.A shell that is wet can play tricks and you can not see your work in full !!.

I agree with Tyroneezekiel, I think you can show a simple tutorial in order to observe in detail how you constructs their shells and advise. In addition, other people can learn a lot from their jobs.

Edited by JOPETES

Thank you Jopetes. Normally I wait until my pasting is dry, but I am hurried because I still have many shells to build before the 4th of July. So some of them I have to test quickly. :)

That shell was great! We strive for perfection of course, but those stars did appear to "blink off" on the first viewing. I am a fan of that turquoise color though!

I had to look up what color turquoise is supposed to be, and all this time I thought it was blue. Good grief...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ShU--A5UDAo/TxSdhUU8mlI/AAAAAAAAANU/Rnwq_oqswB0/s1600/turquoisecyan.png

pyrojig, if you are color blind, then just stick to charcoal stars, much cheaper!! :P